“Relaxing stay”
Review of Amerscot House Inn

Amerscot House Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Stow B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I spent the last night of our fall New England vacation here and it was very relaxing. All the amenities we could want were provided from dining suggestions, home made and store bought snacks and beverages in the common area, and a wonderfully appointed bathroom. You can tell that so much thought and care goes into making everyone's stay there as comfortable as possible. The bed was very comfortable but being a side sleeper the down pillows were really hard for me to adjust to. Not a problem of the inn, just a quirk I suppose. The house itself is wonderfully creaky and old and the breakfast, which we took in the beautiful dining room, was one of my favorite meals I had the entire trip. Our hosts were lovely and talked at length with us about the area and what it was like for them moving there. We are thinking of moving to the area and their insights were quite valuable to us. I highly recommend.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I have traveled the world and have stayed at countless hotels, B&Bs, and Inns throughout the years, and I have to say that Amerscot House Inn is easily at the top of our list. The Inn receives both top marks for character (house was built in the 18th century) and luxurious/modern conveniences. The owners did an outstanding job retaining the history and adding modern comfort.
As for the owners, again I can't say enough good things. Viki and her husband are charming and accommodating. I rarely make multiple trips to a single location, but I'm pretty sure I'll go out of my way to stay here again. I personally wouldn't give any credibility to negative reviews (as of this date, there are two (who are a couple) and the remaining 80 reviews are 5 stars). Listen to the 99%.

Regards,
John

Room Tip: All rooms looked great, but we especially enjoyed the room in the original section of the home (with...
1  Thank John K
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Mike and I were in town for a big family event and stayed at the Amerscot House Inn. When we checked in, we just adored how the Inn was decorated. It wasn't fussy or cluttered. The Inn is cozy, peaceful, and pretty. We were really impressed with the character and historic detail of the house! Our host Vicky was professional, helpful, cheery and made us feel very comfortable. She was also very knowledgeable about where to go for shoes when I accidentally left mine at home!
As for the room, it is nicely decorated with a calming blue color. We loved the welcome chocolates, postcard, linens, etc... There is original artwork on the walls which I appreciated. The bed was so comfortable, it was like sleeping on a cloud. The bathroom was SPOTLESS.
When we had breakfast, we were extremely happy with the quality of the food. Everything was fresh, hot, and there was a lot of variety offered. My food allergy was accommodated! The gentleman who took our order and served us was very charming.
The view of the property was lovely and we counted 12 wild turkeys roaming through the yard at the back of the house. I can't wait to go back and enjoy a little more time at the peaceful Amerscot House Inn. PS. Vicky, I recommended the Inn to my parents, and they already booked their anniversary in December!
-Shira R.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Spent the last nights of my first trip to the U.S. in this beautiful house. Wonderful warm hospitality, with every single need thought about and more than met. Such thoughtfulness and care for guests' comfort and enjoyment is a rare thing. It really was the icing on the cake for my daughter and me, and left a really great last impression. Thank you so much Vicki and Andy. A truly memorable experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

More than a wonderful experience, just cracking!
Breakfast was delicious, sef-made with local products, never seen.
A very warm hospitality and the rooms are very cosy.
Thanks for everything!
Ann, Yoshi & Jordi Heirbaut-Van Gasse.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had previously stayed here under the previous owner, and have not been disappointed....very attentive to every detail and the whole setting and atmosphere very pleasant and enjoyable...would highly recommend having stayed in many bed an breakfasts in the fall colors October months

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at Amerscot House for a night in October 2013 and were genuinely impressed with the level of hospitality provided by Viki which led to a really enjoyable stay. The house is large and very attractive with plenty of communal space. Our room (Gibson Room) was very large and really comfortable. Breakfast was big and seriously tasty!

The attention to detail and effort that goes into providing you with everything you could want was brilliant - for example selection of DVDs to watch in your room, beers and wine laid on and even an index of directions to local places and attractions.

Altogether a fantastic setup and great place to stay. Many thanks!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Amerscot House Inn? Share your experiences!