“Wilted Roses in the Courtyard”

Courtyard Boston Stoughton
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stoughton
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

On October 24th my business partner and I booked a room through Priceline. Upon checking in we requested two double beds and we're advised that since we booked through Priceline they would not provide that and that we would have to share a single bed. The front desk agent was very rude and unaccomadating. I got the feeling we were being denied our requested room type simply for being priceline customers. The price of the rooms was the same and per our booking with priceline it said we were allowed our choice of room type subject to availability. Per the website and calling courtyards customer service line there was availability. They were very friendly and called the hotel on our behalf. The hotel must have then given them some excuae or lie but the csr came back onto the line saying they would be unable to accommodate us. The parking lot is near empty as well. I would understand
this if the entire hotel seemed busy but it is not. In fact upon check in we were generously offered our choice of floor. Does that sound like a booked hotel?

If you are booking with priceline hot wire Expedia Travelocity or anyone other than Marriott I would choose elsewhere unless you enjoy being treated substandard.

Other than this experience room and amenities appear standard for this class hotel

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank RSchoepf
Norbert G, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking your time to leave a comment on a Trip Advisor.
Please accept my sincere apology for inconvinience we cause by not accomodating you with the bed type you requested. Please note that it does not matter on what website you book the room at, marriott.com, expedia or priceline, we always welcome and treat each and every guest with full respect. Wishing you Happy Holidays!
Norbert,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here overnight for a wedding held in East Bridgewater. The facilty was very clean, our room quite comfortable, and all the staff we came in contact with were pleasant and cordial. This hotel is just off of route 24 and close to a variety of restaurants, fast foods, doughnut shops and the like. The lobby of the hotel is rather large, with very comfortable seating and a nice bistro offering a decent selection of foods. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we were in the area and needed an overnight stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave the comments on Trip Advisor.
I am very happy to hear my staff met your needs and provided a clean and comfortable room.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hats off to another great Courtyard location. Service was great, location was good (about 15-20 mins into Boston), and the hotel itself was spotless. Breakfast & service from the Bistro was good as usual. Value was pretty good here considering the prices that you'd pay to stay in the city. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I continue to be impressed with this hotel and its modern aesthetic, cleanliness, ample free parking, strong shower water pressure, in-room refrigerator, efficient check-in, friendly service, reasonable price, reliable wireless internet, etc.

The only thing that made me wince was hitting the lobby the first morning of my stay, and finding out they no longer provide complimentary coffee. I do understand them trying to save money, but it sure did rub me the wrong way.

Regardless of this, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel year after year. It really is a terrific place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for leaving a wonderful comment on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.
'll be sur to share it with my staff!
Happy Holidays,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Good: Room and most areas were clean, Very nice staff, Food at the Bistro was pretty good, Nice exercise room and nice location right near the interstate. Easy parking \ location.

Not so Good: The lobby and halls were pretty cold and normally this never bothers me, The room temperature was easy to control. The pool hours are lousy, this time my kids were at home so it was no big deal. If you come with kids and like to swim- you should go elsewhere.

1  Thank JakeWny
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend on a last minute trip to Boston. We were looking for a place that would be a reasonable price in the height of the vacation season, but still a close drive outside of Boston to crash for the evening. We called that evening and they were very helpful to reserve a room for us, and it was still ready for us when we checked in late that night. Our rooms and all common areas were very clean, and the staff was very friendly!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. This hotel was clean and very quiet. Once in my room, I didn't even know that anyone else was staying in the hotel. The bed was comfortable, the internet worked and the employees were very nice. The lobby is very nice as well. I would absolutely stay here again the next time I'm in the area. Keep an eye on the internet as their prices change day by day. I looked on their website late one night and the rate was $129. I needed to get approval and figured I would book my room the next morning and the rate was $159. I called to get the $129 rate and I was told that they couldn't (wouldn't help me). While I was there, I saw the rate drop the last day I was there for later in the week back to $129. I was a little disappointed that they wouldn't give me the rate from the night before. Outside of that, the hotel was very nice.

Room Tip: I was in room 434 - Didn't have a balcony like other rooms. 2 queen beds. Nice!