“The staff make the place”

Courtyard Boston Stoughton
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stoughton
Reviewed March 29, 2013

A business partner and I stayed for three days on a business trip. I was very glad we stayed here. The staff were wonderful right from the get-go. Barbara was extremely helpful on the phone when we booked our rooms, plus was at the front desk several times and not only remembered us, but was very helpful whenever we had requests. The other front desk staff were just as helpful, whether we needed something faxed, an extra chair in the room, or anything else. We ended up checking out quite late as we were trying to complete something, but they did not make this a problem for us.
The rooms themselves are quite nice. They are well appointed and comfortable. In addition to the typical coffee machine, there was a microwave and a fridge, both of which were useful.
There is a restaurant that is open for breakfast and dinner as well as a "market" with snacks, etc. available any time. The food was quite good and as I was working out of the hotel, I wished it was open for lunch too. It would have been good to have more choices at the "market" to actually make a lunch; I am vegetarian and it was hard for me. My only other comment is that while the food service staff were just as helpful as the hotel staff, it seemed like they were not well trained and/or there weren't enough staff as they often seemed confused about something, something didn't work right or they were backed up on their orders.
Another lady commented to me that she had been at a Courtyard Marriott in another state and the two hotels were pretty identical. As I was pleased with my experience here, I will likely look out for Courtyard Marriotts in the future.
Last comment: it is a little bit in the middle of nowhere. If you want to go places, see things, etc. I suggest renting a car.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SheilaRhil, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences! We certainly enjoyed having your group with us and I'm so glad that you found my staff to be so accommodating! Our goal is to provide complete guest satisfaction. I'm very proud of my staff and so glad that their true talent shined through for you & your group. I agree, the people here are what make this place so successful! Thank you again & we look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My daughter & I stayed here for 4 nights before needing to be at the Marriott Copley Square for an event. I wish we could've stayed here the whole time!! I used my Marriott points for the 4 nights & were treated like royalty. New mattress in the room - comfy!! Great decor. Very comfortable room & all of the amenities you'd want. The sink area receptacle wasn't working & they replaced it that same afternoon & the manager even left a handwritten note under our door apologizing for any inconvenience. We used the laundry room one eve, which came in handy. The elevator closest to our 4th floor room was out of order, so there was a bit of walking. I am 6 months post knee replacement, so it was ok. Would've been an issue if anyone had mobility problems. There is a restaurant on site & a small area selling snacks/drinks. There is an Olive Garden less than 1/4 mile down the street & a Target store only 1-2 miles away. Free, spacious, well lit parking (compared to $47/night at the Marriott Boston. I'm from LA & thought our parking fees were rediculous!). We'll be back here again if we're ever in the area again. Thanks to all of the fabulous staff!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences! I hope that you & your daughter will return to Stoughton. We'd love to have you back! Good News... The parts for the elevator are in! Replacement of the elevator starts today! In a few weeks it will be brand new!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

A one night quick stay - in late, out early but very pleased. The layout of the room and the bathroom was a bit odd and challenging to traverse in the middle of the night but very clean and comfortable. Great value for the money. One notable item that I've never experienced before in my many travels was a nightlight in the bathroom. What a great idea!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words! We are happy to serve and look forward to another visit from you.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

What can I say, great room, clean, great staff, new furniture, clean smell & great breakfast.. Those that follow my hotel adventures know I'm picky but this place is such a great spot.. Please book now everyone because this place is Hotelbody's pick :)

• Stayed: February 2013
SheilaRhil, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Stoughton, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your review Hotelbody!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Stoughton Courtyard! I hope that you'll join us again in the near future. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel has a great front desk staff. I called ahead requesting an upgrade (Marriott Rewards). Barbara, at the front desk, didn't hesitate and made the necessary arrangements. Upon arrival she ensured we had a room located on the first floor and made us feel very welcome. This property is extremely clean and well maintained. It's located near Smokey Bones and the Olive Garden. The Wi Fi works great and the room was spacious and very clean. We had a few requests during our stay and Barbara Hugo ensured those requests were taken care of in a timely manner. Her friendly demeanor and positive attitude made our stay her stress free. I would highly suggest this property for either a business trip or family vacation.

Room Tip: "Rooms away from the swimming pool are quieter."
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ryan T,

Thanks so much for the great feedback! As the hotel's General Manager, I look to feedback on sites like this for opportunities and celebrations for my team. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will be sure to give Barbara the recognition that she deserves. We sure are lucky to have her on our team, and your comments just hilight that! I hope that you will come join us again in the near future! Thank you again for choosing Marriott!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Positives: great staff--helpful/friendly; rooms are clean and quiet; welcome emails, refridgerators in the rooms; easy to get to for business; free wi-fi.

Negatives: small rooms; pay to eat breakfasts; small pool that you have to wait for someone to show up so they can watch.

If you don't mind the above negatives, then you'll have a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding the Stoughton Courtyard by Marriott! We are pleased that you chose our hotel for your business needs while traveling to our area. As the hotel's General Manager, I take feedback to my team regularly and would like to let you know that your comments are very much appreciated! I also wanted to point out to you & future travelers that the town of Stoughton does require a lifeguard in our pool anytime a guest is utilizing it. The good news here, is that we have many staff members trained as certified lifeguards that work in other departments so that we may open the pool even during "unscheduled hours". Our goal is the ensure the enjoyment of every guest that stays at our hotel no matter the day or time. I hope that we exceeded your expectations on this level. Thank you again for choosing Marriott hotels!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The staff was extremely nice and pleasant. The room was very clean and comfortable. My room was on the 4th floor, and it was very quiet. I can tell that the manager is really trying hard. I got an e-mail on the morning before my stay, welcoming me and providing some hotel information.

Only two negatives during my stay, but I feel they should be mentioned. The in-room WiFi was extremely s l o w and I gave up on it after a few minutes of frustration and just switched to 4G to check my e-mails on my tablet. Also there were some water pressure issues; the shower was making funny noises and actually randomly shut off for about 10 seconds at one point, then came back. The sink would also trickle for a little, then come on strong. But other than that it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with our Courtyard by Marriott in Stoughton. We look to feedback as a way to improve our hotel for future guests. I'd like to let you know that the internet challenges you experienced were an isolated incident and have since been resolved. Our guests are back to surfing the web freely and quickly with our wireless solutions from IBM. I'm so glad that you found the room clean & comfortable and the staff to be helpful. I am very proud of my team, and I look forward to sharing your comments with them. I hope that you'll join us again on your next trip to the area. Thank you for choosing the Stoughton Courtyard by Marriott!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoughton
Hampton Inn & Suites Boston/Stoughton
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton
Courtyard Boston Raynham
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield

Been to Courtyard Boston Stoughton? Share your experiences!