“Great hotel”

Courtyard Boston Stoughton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stoughton
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Clean rooms and lobby. Friendly service. Easy to find. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Got in early on a Saturday and the staff were kind enough to let us into our room early - unexpected bonus. The room was neat as a pin with lovely sheets and duvet. Nice size room for the two boys and us. Great blackout curtains that didn't let in any light. Room was quiet, too. No free breakfast, but they do offer the full Starbucks menu in the lobby (not just coffee but iced lattes as well), and good breakfasts for $$. Ask for a kids menu - you can get a couple breakfast/dinner options cheaper. Everyone was super-accommodating. My only small gripes were that the pool was too cold; the hot tub wasn't hot; and there were no pay-per-view options - but I guess that's going the way of the dodo bird anyway since I could have hooked my IPAD up to the television if I'd brought the right cord.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor away from the elevators - very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenn1A
Reviewed August 19, 2011

After a long day of travel, and stupidly checking my luggage on Delta (I know better than this, but it was a several city trip and I was tired of dragging my suitcase through the airports) my traveling companions arrived at Logan only to find my bag had not made it. Due to several delays, it was 2 AM in the morning when we arrived at the hotel. The clerk was very kind and made sure I had the necessities- toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, contact solution. I know she probably should have charged me for the items she pulled off the shelf, but she didn't and then made sure I had a bottle of water and a pack of cookies as well. She also upgraded my room. I was in a super foul mood thanks to Delta, but her kindness really made a difference after a long cruddy day.

The room was nice, and at the time I stayed there was a free breakfast, but it was not advertised, and was out of the way- down the center hallway at the very end. It was only milk, juice, ceral, sparse muffins, and toast, but there is a cafe that sells cooked breakfast in the lobby as well as serve Starbucks drinks.

I agree with the other reviewers that there is not much in the area- there is an Outback restaurant, but we could not find any fast food restaurants nearby. The hotel is in an industrial area, which is great if you are working with companies in the area. I would not recommend this hotel if you are just visiting Boston, but that does not reflect poorly on the hotel, only on hotel choice. The rooms were clean, up to Marriott standards, and are inline with the current Marriott deocration motif.

All and all I was won over by the kind clerk, which probably gave me rose colored glasses during my stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Nomad413
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Last month, my husband attended a wedding jin the Boston area and this location suited his needs at that time. A few weeks later, we fiound ourselves in the Boston area once again and for lack of time in researching another hotel/location, we booked another weekend at this hotel. The hotel is located in a very odd (industrial) area and although there were a few stores and restaurants nearby, it was not a great location. This hotel did not include any type of continental breakfast, everything had to be purchased......not what we're used to when we stay at other mariotts. There was no complimentary coffee in the lobby which we could have used after a 10 hour drive. Once again we would have had to purchse it.....again, not what I'm used to with other marriotts that we've stayed at. There was nothing nearby where we could go for breakfast, we actually had to drive to another town about 25 minutes away. The hotel itself was very clean and the rooms were nice, but wasn't enough to get me back there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This hotel is priced almost a time and a half compared to other hotels in the area, and it does not live up to its price.

Everything is old and renovated. Its all in place but it makes you feel that it was old sometime ago.

The big let off is NO BREAKFAST. How can a Courtyard have NO BREAKFAST?

I spend atleast 40 night a year in Marriott's and this is the first one with NO BREAKFAST.

We can buy a Starbucks breakfast if we want but why should I when I already paid extra for a room here?

Get the point...

The staff are a great bunch btw...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Suryavarman
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Here for sports event at TD Gardens and all hotels were full in Boston. Approx. 20mins from city and easy to find. Room is spacious and clean. Outdoor courtyard with modern patio furnitures. Renovated lobby that includes a food area, computer station, convenience shop, coffee station, and seating areas.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Stayed here while in town for business. Rooms are clean. Lobby removated with a bistro self-service type of ordering system. Business center consists of 2 chairs in the lobby near a printer which isn't very private and they always seemed to be in use. Overall OK but pricey.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoughton
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA

Been to Courtyard Boston Stoughton? Share your experiences!