“Great food...awful customer service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Old Country Pizzeria
Ranked #13 of 82 Restaurants in Stoughton
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Im writing this review in response to the 2nd time I was mistreated there. First off I would like to say, I think they are the best sub shop in Stoughton, their food is great. A couple years ago I called during lunch for delivery and got yelled at by the guy for ordering during lunch time. I told him Im sorry I bothered him and please cancel my order. That left a bad taste in my mouth with them. I gave them a second shot, cause I am very understanding of everyone having a bad day and business could have been out of control. So they have been awesome for the past couple years for us. Then today I called at 11:30am for a delivery and he told me it would be a while for delivery, I said "take your time, no rush" I gave him my order - which was a salad with tuna and a tuna pocket...he made a smug noise and said again, very rudely, it will take a while...I again said...really its ok, no problem. I wanted to put it on my card so I got up to get it, and he said he has no time for me to get my card (by then it was in my hand) and then he said call back and hung up on me. I waited a few minutes to cool off and called back to cancel it, because I was pissed. The lady started yelling at me...literally screaming at me that business cant stop because I was getting my card. My opinion is there is a different way of handling this. I am a paying customer who took 3 minutes of his time. I will not give them business anymore because I dont feel like getting yelled at for paying them. I just hope someone heard them while in there and was turned off too. Not a way to run a business.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My sons order the steak and cheese calzone and fries and they love them. We have eight pizza restaurants in the area and my son ranks Old Country as number one. I have ordered the grilled chicken salad with the house dressing and the dressing is very,very good. They always put enough chicken on the salad for me to use for chicken salad the next day.

1  Thank 1965Susan
Reviewed February 12, 2009

I used to live in Stoughton and would order something from Old Country Pizzeria every Friday. Whenever I go back to visit family, we love to order from this place at least once during our trip.

I've never eaten inside the restaurant (always take out) however the setup is nothing to write home about. I think most people order take out from here rather than sit down for a meal.

I always get the chicken finger platter which comes with chicken fingers, fries, salad, and honey mustard sauce. My sister gets the ziti with chicken and broccoli.

In terms of price, it's a really good value for the money. I've never had any problems with this place. I'd certainly recommend it.