“Delicious Food, Great Server” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Burlington, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food, Great Server”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My mother & I stopped here when we had come down to shop at Ikea. Absolutely delicious food in very generous portions!!! My mom had the red lentil soup which she said was better then hers! She also had the lamb kebabs, which came with rice, bulgar and tasty grape leaves. I have the falafel which was served piping hot with taziki sauce and hummus. Then I had the moussaka, which I loved! It was also served with bulgar & pilaf - both were good. We finished this all off with some amazing desserts. Needless to say we brought home plenty of leftovers. Wish we lived closed so we could go more often.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank A L

Boston
“Delicious, authentic, and totally unexpected in Stoughton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This is one of our go-to restaurants for takeout or delivery. The food is authentically Turkish and full of flavor; the shepherd's salad alone is worth the visit. The place is clean and fine for a quick lunch but is basically a counter, a couple of display cases, a fridge and three or four tables. Nice ownership and staff, too.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank cavatica
North Easton, Massachusetts
“An Amazing Little Place in Stoughton Square”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

If the old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" was ever more apt, I don't know where it might be. This place is "unassuming" to say the least: the simplest store front in the middle of Stoughton Square, with a couple of abandoned building sites on its side, to boot. The simple name emblazoned on the most simple of blue and white signs gives you the barest indication of what's inside. Try it out. It's amazing. The best food in Soughton, by far (which is not saying a real, real lot, I know). The best Middle Eastern food I've ever had, as well (enough to make up for the long lamented Sami's that used to be in Sharon). The food TASTES like something other than salt or fat or sugar; layers of flavor and spices and texture, all of it authentically Turkish, all of it prepared to order by the pleasant man in the back. We have loved everything we've had here: the wide assortment of kebabs (much more than chicken!), the salads, the eggplant dishes, sauteed vine leaves, vegetables-- and yes, dessert! The servings are enormous. I am hardly a "light eater", but I got two dinners and a lunch from the "Mixed Grill". There must have been eight skewers of meat and poultry there! Prices very reasonable, too (you're not paying for ambiance and advertising and all of that). If you find yourself in Stoughton Sqaure, do stop in -- especially if you're hungry.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank revjeff
Massachusetts
“We give it a 10 out of 10!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I had wanted to go to this restaurant since it opened, but we had not until recently. The atmosphere is very bright and clean with display cases full of interesting deserts and other food much like we see in Europe. The server was prompt asking us if we would like to start out with bread and the served us a loaf of fresh and deliciously different Lavas bread. We felt no pressure as he went over the specials, but explained some of the other choices that they offer. We selected our meals and within a reasonable time our beautiful Greek salad was brought to our table. The menu describes the salad and we received all that it included plus two grape leave roll-ups which were a surprise to us. We also ordered eggplant salad and hummus which came with warm and cut-up Pita bread. We had never had eggplant salad before and what a treat it was. The hummus was also perfectly seasoned.
A little while later, the two meals that we chose (Lamb Shish Kabob and Doner Kabob) were served to us on large plates. Once again all of the descriptive items from the menu were there plus rice pilaf and a warm taboule-like item, and warm sautéed grape leaves. The Lamb Shish Kabob came with a huge amount of bite sized lamb and the Doner Kabob came with two butterflied pieces of meat that went from one side of the plate to the other one chicken and one lamb as ordered.
We had already been impressed by the salads and hummus, but we really had no idea what to expect in regard to the entrée. From the very first bite we knew that we had chosen a fabulous place to eat. The lamb and chicken were juicy and seasoned to perfection. The braised vegetables that came with both of our meals were cooked just right and the pilaf and taboule were homemade and spectacular.
Our server came to check on us and when we told him just how pleased we were with everything he beamed a nice smile at us and suggested that the next time we come in (and there will be a next time) we try other menu items because they are just as good and we believed him. He explained that since they serve only soft drinks and do not serve alcohol we were welcome to bring our own if we wanted.
We would suggest that you try this “Hidden Jewel”. We doubt that your experience will be any different than ours. Enjoy the delectable food. We give it a 10 out of 10!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank joelemire
Boston, Massachusetts
“Authentic Turkish Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I always try to find the most Authentic Turkish food in MA which is very hard because of the ingredients. I saw Chicken Kebab restaurant while I was driving by and ended up trying. My husband and I both got Doner Wrap (Doner is a thin sliced lamb/beef) which was delicious. Owner and the chef is the same person from Turkey.
I cant wait to try different food in the menu. I will definitely recommend this place to everyone!

• Visited May 2013