“Reminded me of my childhood”
Review of The Chateau

The Chateau
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chateau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 82 Restaurants in Stoughton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

While staying in Stoughton/Randolph we tried this restaurant based on the posts here. The front desk at our hotel said they never heard of it -- they suggested places closer to our hotel but we instead trusted Tripadvisor. We made a reservation online within an hour of our reservation time -- that worked very well. We were quite pleased with the restaurant. This is part of a chain -- there are several of these restaurants in MA and some in other states. On the drive back to NH we saw another The Chateau near a hotel along the highway. This is a good choice for people traveling with families -- many choices including pizza and kid friendly food. Good waitstaff -- always busy and rushing around but very friendly and professional. I had veal cutlet parm and spaghetti and spumoni and claret sauce for dessert. The meal was just like an old favorite restaurant in Lewiston, ME -- Steckino's - that alas no longer exists. Near the entrance there is a reception area where they sell boxes of anise cookies and jars of sauce etc. Try the candy on your way out -- nice mint chocolate with candy coating. If you want a standard family restaurant (not super gourmet etc) then try this place.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

The vast menu has many excellent dishes and the food quality is very good! There are many dishes, and they also allow you to mix two or three entrees so if you can't decide between something, you may be able to get them together in one entree (smaller portion of each).

The focus of this particular review is for those who eat "Gluten Free". They have a separate menu available (so ask for it) and it includes beers, drinks, dessert and some wonderful appetizers and entrees. The pasta dinners do not feel "mushy" and are an excellent quality for Gluten Free pasta. I had the pasta with fresh seasonal veggies (zucchini squash, yellow squash, peppers, and spinich) and it was tossed in an herb/olive oil mix. It was delicious! Definitely a great place! And they have multiple restaurants in various towns, check out their website.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've never been disappointed in the food here. The place has been around for years and is incredibly successful!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

economical restaurant with good choices..pleasant atmosphere and friendly staff..my brother had a soup and sandwich combo,my friends had a Caesar salad and an Italian trio and all enjoyed...not gourmet but homey!!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The family bereavement luncheon was held here yesterday in a private room. This was my first time to this restaurant and it left me with wonderful memories. The food and staff were top notch. Patty and Ramen, our servers were attentive, friendly and made us feel welcome. I ordered the lobster mac and cheese which was fantastic. My partner ordered the lobster roll which was a huge portion and again was delicious. I would certainly recommend this restaurant.