“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Collegeville PA
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Went here with a buddy on a whim, and when I saw it was recently reopened, I was a bit concerned. In the end, my meal was decent, but nothing I would necessarily crave to want to go back. At nearly 6pm on a weeknight, the place was pretty empty with only a few other patrons inside. The place itself was nice inside and there are a couple of TV's on the wall. Unless I'm at a sports bar, I don't really see the need for TV's in restaurants, but that's just my thing. I started with the crab ragoons which were good. For my entree, I went with the chicken in peanut sauce. There was also some mixed veggies in there and I had white rice on the side (brown rice also an option). I was simply a bit disappointed in the chicken itself as it felt a bit chewy to me. Service was good though and prices were reasonable given the portion sizes. Only other complaint is that it was on the warm side inside the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank GigemAggie

Boston, Massachusetts
“Menu changed but food still delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was our first time here since the remodel under the new owners. It looks great after the remodel and no longer has a musty smell. They now have a liquor license and the menu has changed. They now serve Thai and Japanese food. The dinner menu has more sushi and not as many options for cooked Japanese food as the lunch menu. But they cooked me something from the lunch menu when I asked about it. I thought the food was delicious and the dishes were beautifully presented. I will be back soon to try the lunch menu.

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Improved look, degraded service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

New ownership completely renovated the restaurant but this place has lost its personalized service and great friendly atmosphere. Food is ok but not of the high quality Kyotoya was known for.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank StonehamDiner86
“Great Lunchbox special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We visited this small Asian restaurant on a snowy day which probably discouraged a lot of the regular lunchtime crowd from going out. The lunchbox specials were fabulous--the variety of selections available for a combo lunch was tremendous, allowing those who like both Chinese and Japanese menu items to combine freely. The portions were so generous we could not believe these were luncheon meals. My meal included tempura, chicken wing, california maki roll, lo mein and hot/sour soup. My lunch partner's meal included a filet of terriyaki salmon. Presentation was delightful, and so was our waitress. The restaurant was small in a strip mall location, and the decor was modest. But the food was impressive. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013
Stoneham, Massachusetts
“25% off at Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

25% off coming on 2:30PM to 5:00PM Mon to Fri, surprise me . I come to Kyotoya at 3:00 PM today and the waitress told me about the news, It's really a good deal . t
The sushi is fresh and tasty ,nice service.I am sure I will come again and bring all my friends here.

• Visited November 2012