1,187 results
All reviewsthe main dining roomfront porchnew englandnorman rockwellhistoric hotelrocking chairsturkey dinnermaple glenprime ribuneven floorscountry curtainsmain streetstep back in timepeople watchingthe main hotelantique furniturebirdcage elevator
Reviewed November 18, 2017

From the time we met Michelle Murphy until several days after our visit, we received the very best service. She listened carefully and delivered! Our corner room was so airy and nicely decorated.
This is a very old hotel and furnished in antiques. Prepare to step back in history!
The location right on Main Street is perfect with several block one can stroll and shop.
The Norman Rockwell Museum was our reason for coming to Stockbridge. This is one of the best museum for learning about this illustration artist..learning his history and seeing all the wonderful magazine covers he did. A visit to his studio is so interesting and it's a pleasant walk to get there.
The café serves lunch and when we were there one of the little boys who Rockwell painted was doing autographs...of course he is in his 70's now!!
This location, Stockbridge is a great place to start a Fall foliage excursion.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janice G
Michele K, General Manager at The Red Lion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Thank you for your review. I’m delighted to hear that your group enjoyed working with Michelle; she is a true asset to our team. Every guest room and function space at The Red Lion Inn is different from the next and Michelle is amazing at listening to our guests needs and doing her very best to surpass their expectations. If you enjoy Norman Rockwell’s art, then a stroll along our hallways is a must since we have one of the largest private collections in the United States of this classic Americana artist prints and a few originals displayed proudly though out our main building. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it may be interesting to know that our Rockwell table in the back of our Main Dining Room is called such because this was the table used in his famous Thanksgiving painting “Freedom from Want”. We consider ourselves lucky to be steeped in so much local history and to have the opportunity to preserve this for future generations to enjoy.

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

What an amazing hotel. I only stayed here a couple of nights, but wished I could have stayed longer.
My room was like a fairytale kingdom. Beautiful seating area, bedroom and stunning bathroom.
The hotel has so much to see around every corner.
The breakfast and service are both exceptional.
I would have liked tea and coffee making facilities in my room, but you can’t have it all.
You can enjoy a nice open fire on the lobby or some entertainment next door in the evenings.
I didn’t eat dinner here, but some in my group did and loved it.
The Red Lion is well situated to see all the surrounding area and easy to get to nearby places.
Would return in a shot.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2017

This hotel is amazing! Go for the art and the history alone, not to mention giant pumpkins on the porch! There are several places to eat and drink in the hotel. We stayed on the 4th floor with shared bathrooms and never had any issues, no lines no waiting. Met up with a giant group of friends for an event at the Norman Rockwell Museum (totally worth the trip there too) and I can't say enough about the staff. They were super accommodating and even put up with everyone's antics late night. There is a formal dining room and 2 bars on site, the downstairs one even had live music. Fantastic stay, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 444, it was directly across from shared bathroom.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Michele K, General Manager at The Red Lion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. The Red Lion Inn is almost 250 years old and we have bits and pieces of history hidden around every corner and in every guest room. From our Norman Rockwell prints (one of the largest private collections in the United States) to our curio cabinets that are found in every hallway filled with curious collectibles, there really is something new to discover every time you visit us. Our Bed & Breakfast rooms share the facilities with only two to four rooms and we have additional bathrooms available on each floor, just in case. The nightly live music in our Lion’s Den Pub is always free of charge. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

Our dinner reservations were for 5:30pm. We were seated once they opened and our waitress was a sweetheart. Unfortunately, our meals (which were expensive) did not arrive until 7:00pm - that is 1.5 hours later! AND once they arrived - they were cold! The waitress felt bad and forgave our bar tab - which is sweet - but come on! Who drives to MA for a cold, expensive, delayed meal! I have been to the Red Lion Inn numerous times and have never been so disappointed! Next time - I will go somewhere else.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennifertzetzo
Fabien R, Director of Food and Beverage at The Red Lion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to our attention. It is only through valuable comments such as yours that we can continuously improve our service. I would like to deeply apologize. I find this unacceptable as well. I will investigate with my team. Please call me. I would like to discuss this further with you. With best regards.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

had lunch on a cold and rainy Saturday afternoon, the service was good as was the food. the place has been around fo ever., no to be missed if you're in the area, every body was pleased with their food selection. Very pleasant tamosphere and decor.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Nothing beats a hot cup of soup on a cold afternoon to warm the soul. Especially if that soup is our Clam Chowder; creamy and rich, full of flavor, its sure to hit the spot. Another way guests love to warm up is by our wood burning fireplace in the lobby, or just come out of the cold to wander our halls, exploring our antique collections and fine art found throughout the hallways of our historic Inn. We look forward to seeing you again soon.