My husband and I decided to do a romantic getaway at this old inn, which I have always admired when driving through the Berkshires. We stayed in the main inn, which oozes antique charm. The oversized front porch is filled with rocking chairs, and upon entering the inn, we were pleasantly greeted by a roaring smoky fire, antique furniture, and that homey feeling that makes you feel welcome.
As it was February, there was a lot of snow around. Our room was a king standard, with a gas fireplace and private bath. The bath was very clean, and remodeled in a antique style. (subway tile, vintage fixtures). The bed was soft, with nice linens. I was happy with the room.
We marveled at the hallways full of antiques, and the old birdcage elevator. They have a new outdoor pool/hot tub open year round. With mounds of snow, I brought my bathing suit rather doubtfully, but it turned out to be the highlight of our night. We threw on the hotel robes over our suits and walked the slushy path to the heated patio area. The pool was warm, the hot tub was perfect. As we soaked in the hot tub, with piles of snow surrounding us and took in the night sky - I was very relaxed.
We went on a Monday , so it was not very crowded, the main dining room was closed. We had dinner in the Tavern. It was OK, nothing great. But still, we had a fabulous time and I would highly recommend a romantic night (or two) away here. We also bought a travelzoo voucher, that included dinner and passes to the NR museum - so it was very affordable. I will def keep my eyes open for more deals here.
we had breakfast in our room, which was pricey, but worth the relaxation and privacy. The breakfast food was very good.
at checkout, we met simon the cat, who lives in the inn. I sat by the fire, petted simon, and was sad to leave. very cool place - we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcoming guests with genuine New England hospitality for over two centuries. Antique-filled rooms, suites, & guesthouses. Contemporary regional cuisine, 3 restaurants, James Beard House-honored chef, elegant & casual/indoor & outdoor dining, award-winning wine list. Heated year-round outdoor pool & hot tub, Gift Shop, WiFi. Live entertainment nightly in pub. Memorable weddings & events. Small to mid-size meetings, unique spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Red Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Red Lion Hotel Stockbridge
- Red Lion Hotel Stockbridge
- Red Lion Stockbridge
- Red Lion Inn Stockbridge Ma
- Stockbridge Red Lion