Stockbridge is a beautiful MA small town. Notably, Norman Rockwell, lived out the end of his life here painting the scenic town and it's residents. The Norman Rockwell Museum is a short drive from town and worth the visit. The 100 year old inn is lovely. It has a wonderful front porch to sit on and watch the main street and enjoy a cocktail or coffee. They have a resident cat that visits guests on the porch and appears to be the well cared for pet of the owners. (Unfortunately, the stop sign at the corner in front of the inn is very busy and sometimes treacherous. Surprised a stop light has not been installed. )
We stayed at a property owned by the inn called The Stevens House a short walk from the main inn It too has a lovely front porch facing the public tennis courts. There is a common room with a big screen TV and a kitchen with appliances you may use. The fridge contains beer and wine you may consume using the honor system. (Love that a system like this still actually works! ) There are rooms both up and down stairs. We had a nice king room on the first floor that was very comfortable and decorated pleasantly.
The town is quaint with shops to visit, a decent coffee shop, and additional eating establishments besides what the inn offers. Our dinner at the tavern at the inn was good, although over priced - in our opinion Being a holiday weekend, our waiter was acceptably attentive but overburdened with many other tables. Would recommend the dining room or ouside terrace for a fullmeal instead of the tavern as the tables are small and too close together - ok for a beverage and a snack. That said, still glad we got to experience this historic inn and pretty historic town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcoming guests with genuine New England hospitality for over two centuries. Antique-filled rooms, suites, & guesthouses. Contemporary regional cuisine, 3 restaurants, James Beard House-honored chef, elegant & casual/indoor & outdoor dining, award-winning wine list. Heated year-round outdoor pool & hot tub, Gift Shop, WiFi. Live entertainment nightly in pub. Memorable weddings & events. Small to mid-size meetings, unique spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Red Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Red Lion Hotel Stockbridge
- Red Lion Hotel Stockbridge
- Red Lion Stockbridge
- Red Lion Inn Stockbridge Ma
- Stockbridge Red Lion