“Post Visit”

Main Street Cafe
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Stockbridge
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This restaurant was one recommended by many different sources and all were correct in doing so - very simple, straight forward, comfortable, easy menu with loads of options and I discovered a new personal favorite - a SBLT - that's Salmon, Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato on great bread - wow - as soon as I can find a suitable tomato, I'll attempt it at home! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We've been coming to Stockbridge for many years and stopped in this cafe for lunch years ago. While the food is good the desserts, which are homemade are incredible, best I ever had. This past week we stopped in on Tuesday and I went in early to ask what the pie of the day was. Teresa told me there was no pie and there wouldn't be any until Friday. When she saw my disappointment she offered to see what ingrediants were available and told us to come back a few hours later. We did and had a good lunch (cajun chicken sandwich) and were told that there was a strawberry/apple pie ready. We were worried that it wouldn't live up to our memories but one bite in and we were happy. The mixture of flavors and the crust mended together in a wonderful combination. We took a piece to go and have been nibbling on it for two days. Please, if in Stopckbridge, stop in for a piece of pie, you'll leave happy!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stopped here for our last breakfast before heading home quite early. The restaurant was open at 7:00 when we arrived. The food was good, but we were a little apprehensive when my wife saw the chef blow his nose, and not wash his hands while preparing our breakfast. Fortunately, our food was cooked afterwards, and we did not get sick. This is something the head chef should look into somewhat further.

1  Thank dukeofargy
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Went here for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon. Seated immediately with attentive service. Waitress wasn't overly friendly and went MIA towards the end (very unclear if they were going to bring us the bill or we had to go to the register to retrieve it...) but our sandwiches were delicious and filling so that's the most important thing! Also had a great assortment of cookies and treats but we were so stuffed from lunch we had to pass.

1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The ice cream cones my kids ordered were quite expensive. It was over $4.50 for a small and over $5.50 for a large (close to $6 if I remember correctly). The large was not very big either. Both the chocolate and the coffee ice cream was old and full of ice crystals. They had no drinking fountain so I had to buy my children $2 bottles of water.

1  Thank Charles L