“Looks Average Outside, Amazing/Excellent Inside”
Review of Main Street Cafe

Main Street Cafe
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Stockbridge
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed in the Stevens House of the Red Lion Inn and wanted to go for a walk vs. just staying at the Inn for breakfast (no other reason). I was going to go to Elm Street Market, but passed this place first (nothing bad about Elm Street other than I would have arrived at it later and was hungry).

It seemed like an average place outside and I hadn't looked at TripAdvisor first as I usually do. I decided to give it a try based on the nice & varietal menu that was posted in the front window. I walked in was immediately handed a menu as I sat at the counter. I ordered the Eggs Benedict with Salmon, fresh squeezed juice and coffee. The coffee came out and was delicious (Dean's Bean's - I remembered this since there was a sticker on the coffee machine and thought the name was humorous, hence memorable). Within 5 minutes, my order was delivered piping hot and was extremely fresh. I couldn't believe how fresh and tasty the salmon was and the hollandaise sauce was excellent and not too heavy. The fresh squeezed juice was amazing, service impeccable and friendly.

So, while the place looked average on the outside, I am glad I ran into this place first as the experience was EXCELLENT - would return here in a heartbeat. I highly recommend for anybody in the area !

There are newer reviews for Main Street Cafe

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place is a must-go when in Stockbridge. Its a very short walk from the Red Lion Inn and we always stop in for a fresh made latte, cookie or meal. The staff is always so pleasent and you can find yourself sitting there just chatting away forever with them. Great breakfast or lunch spot!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

After leaving the Red Lion because they didn't serve coffee or tea in the lobby because the restaurant was closed??? Closed on a holiday??? We were just stopping by to sit by the fire that people suggested. I wanted to have a nice cappuccino. Again they won't do it. Soooo......
I walked over to Main Street Cafe. I walked in and was greeted by a nice lady with a great smile named Corey. I was very up front with her after asking for a Cappuccino and can she make a good one. She said yes with a smile... She made my day. This is the place to visit. Skip the Red Lion. They are #2 on Trip Advisor why I am not sure.

Corey you understand customer service. Keep up the good work and keep smiling .

1  Thank thomasjsullivan
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Visit this quaint cafe and enjoy not only great breakfast food but enjoy a delicious hot chocolate latte. Visited twice and both times the barista made adorable pictures in my drink. Very friendly, loved it! Will go back on my next visit.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Having no idea where to grab lunch after the Rockwell Museum we walked in here to use the bathroom. The people were so nice that we stayed and had some great sandwiches.

1  Thank Shettyg78