“Barely average food in an empty cafe”
Review of Main Street Cafe

Main Street Cafe
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Stockbridge
Cuisines: American
New England
“Barely average food in an empty cafe”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We visited the Cafe for breakfast on a Saturday morning. Aside from one other gentleman and one walk-in (for chai), we were the only customers. Not a good sign. The options are very limited in Stockbridge and we were hungry so we gave it a try.

We ordered usual fare - eggs, bacon and pancakes (him) and eggs and hash (me). First of all the hash was straight out of a can. I know many restaurants do this and it annoys me to no end. Don't offer this if you can't be bothered to make it fresh. Eggs were OK for both of us, meats also. Pancakes were pale, almost undercooked looking.
Coffee was passable, which in a shop with an espresso bar is a bit disappointing. Nothing spectacular here, just....OK.

Oh and the prices are out of line for what you get - most combos were in the $8-9 range. Too high. One waitress and she was tied up for awhile with the chai guy who was asking for some strange combination. We were left with no refills for too long. Very nice lady though.

• Visited March 2011

NYC and Prague, Czech Republic
“Mediocre”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

We went for the first time yesterday. We walked in and despite the two people working, we weren't greeted and just kind of stood there, not knowing if we had to wait to be seated or not. Because we stood there for a while, we finally made our way over to a table and sat down. The waitress finally came over with menus.

I had the reuben, my husband had the cajun chicken sandwich. Each sandwich is described as coming with chips. These ended up being plain tortilla chips, which were fine, though dry since they weren't served with any sauce or salsa or anything. My sandwich was fine, nothing special my husband's came with just lettuce, tomato and chicken on bread. No mayo or anything, so he asked for some. He said his sandwich was okay - also nothing special.

After we finished we sat, clearly finished, for about 10 minutes, waiting for the waitress to come over to offer the check or anything else. She was walking around and clearing other tables, walking right past us, but not looking at us.

The experience was not terrible, but it wasn't worth the 20+ dollars for two small sandwiches and two sodas. I told me husband we Should have gone to Subway.

NJ
“good food & waitstaff”
Reviewed March 10, 2009

I have eaten twice here, in the week I am staying in the Berkshires. This restaurant was small, but had an excellent menu of sandwiches. It has the old main street charm that stockbridge is known for. My breakfast and lunch experiences were great. I would definately recommend if you are in the area.

Ballston Spa, NY
“Ok food, rudest waitstaff I've ever encountered”
Reviewed November 30, 2008

Ok food, very understaffed and as a savvy traveler, the rudest waitstaff I've experienced in years. After having a dirty dish rag thrown on the counter in front of me and the waitress slamming dirty dishes down near me as I was speaking with the cashier, the waitress had the nerve to follow me out of the restaurant and inquire about her tip.... DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT! IT is poorly managed and poorly staffed!