“Great live music, good bar food.”
Review of Lion's Den Pub

Lion's Den Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Lion's Den Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Stockbridge
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lion's Den pub, located downstairs at The Red Lion Inn, offers entertainment seven nights a week, and never a cover charge. There's different entertainment each night, with regular appearances by local performers including David Grover, the Sun Mountain Fiddler, and the Housatonic Philharmonic, offering everything from acoustic folk to R&B, and reggae to the blues. Some nationally recognized performers have been known to grace our humble pub stage from time to time - James Taylor, Lauren Ambrose and Roger Salloom among them.On chilly nights ask for a table by the fireplace and enjoy a genuine pint of ale or stout, a glass of your favorite wine, or a mug of hot mulled cider - all accompanied by our classic pub fare.The Lion's Den is open (until 1 a.m. on weekends), with entertainment from 9 p.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday and entertainment from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. House guests can access the Lion's Den through the Tavern, or by entering beneath the red awning on Main Street.
Reviewed September 25, 2017

Visited three evenings and dined here on two occasions, both times food was exactly what we wanted. Turkey sandwich great, chicken pot pie also. Good live music all three nights with no cover charge, great beer and friendly bar staff. Really helped us enjoy our short visit to the Berkshires.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

The pub itself is really quaint. The French Onion soup was good- I should have stopped there. The menu is somewhat limited- just a handful of salads and paninis, along with a special. I really disliked my ham and cheese panini- the bread was super dense, and almost doughy- the ham was more like Canadian bacon- and super fatty. The chips that came with it were soggy. I took a few bites, pulled out the ham, and ate as a grilled cheese. Still wasn't good. I would eat upstairs if I found myself there again.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 28, 2017

We enjoyed a delightful light pre -theater dinner at the Pub. Staff was very helpful and we all enjoyed the food.

Reviewed August 27, 2017

I have been going to the Lion's Den Pub for well over 20 years on the third Sunday of the month to be entertained by the Sun Mountain Fiddler and his band. In order to get a seat on this very special night you should show up at 6PM or no later than 6:30 Pm if it's the night the Sun Mountain Fiddler will be there. This is the busiest night of the month!! Even though the pub's drinks and food are a bit pricey I will go "just" for this band!!! I had the Cobb salad which did not have avocados. They ran out and so the salad was boring and bland. I was still hungry after eating this $13 dinner salad. My friend had the turkey sandwich which was a nice portion and came with a petite salad and chips. She was very happy with her sandwich. I had a nice bowl of ice cream but it was $6. Our bill was over $60 for dinner and two basic drinks. Our bar tender was very nice. If you are fortunate enough to hear the Sun Mountain Fiddler on the third Sunday of the month you will want to return to hear them again. They have a huge following, so huge that people from ST. Thomas come to hear them. They are at the Den until October or November and usually return on Mother's Day. They are not your typical band and not PG rated although the leader has always looked around to see if there are children in the Den. I'll have to say it's the band that brings me to the Den and if they ever left I wouldn't return.

2  Thank Remycub
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here for lunch on a Sat, it was quiet and we were quickly given our drinks. We wanted something light so we ordered the grilled ham and cheese, and the BLT panini. We ended up splitting with each other, and both were fantastic! The house made pub chips were good, and the pickles were great. (Very summery in flavor, retained part of their cucumber-ness!)

The ladies room was clean, but the men's room had a slight odor, that was not all together pleasant.