“Escargot and dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We do an annual weekend in the Berkshires and always do a dinner at Once Upon a Table. I like their escargot, which is served in a puffed pastry shell. I had the crab cakes for dinner. My wife had tilapia, and enjoyed. only downside, it was 90 out and the place has a single small window air conditioner.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We loved our lunch at Once upon a table! Their tomato soup and vegetarian sandwich (mozzarella, roasted peppers, tomato and pesto...yum!) was hearty and comforting on a cold day. The star of our meal was the crime brûlée...delicate and absolutely delicious! Our hostess (I think she was the owner too) was gracious and welcoming! Parking is available on the street and the restaurant is surrounded by little antique stores and a chocolate shop...a quaint little nook! Would recommend making reservations though...it got crowded very quickly.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great spot... Food was excellent
Staff was Efficient and fun!
Soup of the day was my all time favorite!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We walked here to dinner, while staying at the Red Lion Inn. I had a wonderful mixed vegetable ravioli, and my favorite dessert, flan, which was excellent. There aren't many tables, so reservations are important. Service was friendly and good. I would definitely return if back in the area.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The tip-off came when we were told that the kitchen was training a new chef. Although the meal started well with the delicious and rich macaroni and cheese, quality declined from there. We had the mesclun salad which was fresh and nicely put together but so lightly dressed as to have no detectable balsamic flavor, which was the key selling point of the salad. My companion's beef tenderloin entree arrived cold from the kitchen and had to be sent back; and my mashed potatoes also were stone cold. I had the duck which I chose for the raspberry demi-glace which sounded delicious, but in fact the duck was almost completely without any kind of saucing, and tasted mostly like a nicely-cooked but ungarnished piece of duck meat. Service was exceptionally gracious and very accommodating about our sharing the mac and cheese as an appetizer and serving us a single salad order as two plates for our shared salad course, but I had hoped for more from the food based on other reviewers' comments. Perhaps the kitchen will be up to snuff by high season in the Berkshires but I was disappointed to be a guinea pig for the trainee chef, especially at full price - and the prices are big city prices after all. It's a quick and easy walk across the courtyard from the Red Lion for those staying there who want to opt out of the Inn's onsite options but didn't do much for me to elevate Stockbridge's culinary profile among the neighboring towns and their restaurants.

1  Thank Mark K