“Great food in the Berkshires”

Red Lion Inn Dining Room
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Stockbridge
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 7 & 102
Transit: Several bus lines get folks to the Berkshires -- Peter Pan and its affiliates stop across the street from the Red Lion. There is public transportation in the Berkshires through the Berkshire Regional Transit Authority.
Description: Surrounded by soft candlelight, crystal chandeliers, antique china and colonial pewter, The Red Lion Inn's main dining room is the perfect place to spend a romantic evening or mark a special occasion.Executive Chef Brian J. Alberg's menus feature both traditional favorites and contemporary interpretations of New England cuisine, with many Berkshire grown and prepared foods. The Inn's exceptional wine list, which has received Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for nine consecutive years, offers more than 200 selections. And our knowledgeable and attentive staff ensures an exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Inn serves food in the Dinning Room and the Pub. We stopped in the Pub. It is small and atmospheric and serves great food. Try the Clam Chowder and Cheeseburger with Blu Cheese. My wife had a soup and sandwich and could not finish it all. Tea, Milk, Cheeseburger, Clam Chowder and sandwich, with tip came to $40.00.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had lunch at the Red Lion Inn. Food was delicious, very abundant but expensive. It was a one time experience and glad we went.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

The dinning room in the Red Lion Inn is one of our favorite places to gather our family together to share a wonderful meal. The food is consistently excellent, and the staff goes out of their way to be helpful (a big thankyou for providing my Mom a memorable 92nd Birthday!).

Try the Lamb & Risotto appetizer (great to share). If the Butternut Squash Bisque special is being offered, don't think twice. The Popovers served with the Prime Rib are the best I have ever had...anywhere.

During the Christmas Season, there is no more festive and historic setting than a meal at the Red Lion Inn.

If you are in the mood for a more casual setting, check out the pub.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I stopped here for lunch after hiking near Lenox. I had the sliced turkey sandwich and he had a burger. The portions were generous, I took half my sandwich with me. I really enjoyed the sweet potato chips and mixed salad that came with my sandwich. Michael's burger was done exactly the way he likes it. We were lucky to have been there on a sunny day so we sat outside in the courtyard. Molly was our server and she did a great job. She was very busy but was attentive to all our needs. The Inn is very historic and looks like something right out of Yankee magazine. We highly recommend grabbing a meal here.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We visited this intriguing place for lunch. It is truly historic and there are lots of pictures and artefacts to see. It was a little expensive for lunch but the portions were huge and we took half home with us! We sat outside in a pleasant courtyard and our waiter was very efficient.