“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Michael's

Michael's
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Stockbridge
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Robin was our server. Great personality. Great service. I had an excellent sesame crusted Thai Salmon Salad. The last time I was at Michael's I ordered the Lobster Roll special which was equally good. Wish it was permanently on the menu.

1 Thank Dorothea D

Boston, Massachusetts
“So bad I left!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've eaten at Michael's before, never outstanding, but decent food, fair price & good location. That's why I went last Saturday, I needed to find a restaurant in Stockbridge that could seat me right away because I had time constraints. We walked in and saw available seating. The hostess said, they were out of menus bc a large party had just come in. I thought that was odd, but explained my tine and she said it would be no problem. She left and it sounded as if she were asking someone to print a menu. When she came back we all just stood around. I finally asked if we could be seated and at least get our drinks ordered. She sat us, and then disappeared. No one else appeared at all, ever. After 5 minutes or so we walked out. We couldn't say anything to her as we left because the hostess stand was deserted, as the restaurant deserves to be!

2 Thank JeanneLee2013
michaelsstockbridge, Owner at Michael's, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
First off i want to apologize for your experience here at Michaels. Second i will speak with all parties involved.

third i want to let you know that you came in on the busiest day of the month (camp weekend) and to get served quickly on this particular weekend is impossible. we try hard to please everyone at Michaels, but some we cant. i just hope you will stop in again when your not in such a rush. we have been here for 33 years and counting so i hope this one visit wont reflect us as bad as you made it sound.

sorry
Michael Abdalla
owner
Swampscott
“Good food; odd pricing practices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was our second time having lunch at Michael's in Stockbridge. A "homey, cottage-like" restaurant, with a nice lunch menu.

I ordered the lobster roll special and my wife ordered the lemon pepper chicken sandwich. Since I had asked our waitress for some gluten free options and she mentioned that they serve Udi's bread and rolls (excellent), I knew this would be a good choice.

Our server was very nice and the service was good. But there's a surprise when you receive your check. They charge ($2.75) extra for gluten free bread, as well as that second cup of coffee. It's not indicated on the menu, and the waitress said nothing. Having a gluten allergy, I'm used to paying perhaps an extra dollar on occasion, typically posted or on the menu. And the coffee??? I would rather see them raise their prices a bit to cover these costs. It makes for a much better dining experience instead of surprising your guests with the check.

1 Thank J-A-L-8
Weymouth, Massachusetts
“Good burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

My sisters and I were visiting the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge and were looking for somewhere to have an inexpensive dinner. There were not a lot of places available.

We happened upon Michael's and thought we would give it a try.

It is a pub/sport bar menu.
We were thinking about what to get when the waitress told us it was $6 burger day. Any kind of burger with any of the topping with fries. We all decided to go for it.
The beef burgers were great. The burger was huge, hanging over the bun.
My sister got a veggie burger which she said was delicious.

It is a casual atmosphere. The waitress was very friendly and efficient,.

We would go back again if we are ever in the area.

1 Thank Pat M
Dominican Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dinner out in the berkshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Met up with some friends in Stockbridge, went to dinner at Michaels the food and atmosphere were wonderful but the best part was the waitress she was very helpful with the menu and surrounding travel attractions..if your looking for good food and a good time with a happy promt waitress go to Michaels of Stockbride and ask for Robin, if she's not there make sure you stop back in again to enjoy her service. We can't wait to see her when we come back next visit..

1 Thank Pedro L