“Outstanding Experience”

Norman Rockwell Museum
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Stockbridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1969, this museum has the world's largest and most significant collection of Rockwell drawings and paintings.
Beavercreek, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Outstanding Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2005

Anyone who remembers the Rockwell covers of The Saturday Evening Post should treat himself to a visit to the Norman Rockwell Museum. Besides seeing originals of some of his famous paintings, you can step inside his final studio and hear stories about his family, his neighbors, and his prolific career. As a baby boomer, I reminisced about my own childhood while viewing Rockwell's unique insight into the human spirit through his paintings. I've been there twice and will happily visit again if I'm in the area.

8 Thank widowc

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
“Incredible Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2003

First, I confess that I am not an art expert, but I am old enough to have grown up enjoying many of Norman Rockwell's magazine covers. This meant I was eager to explore the museum when my husband and I travelled to the Red Lion Inn, and we were definitely not disappointed by this experience. Interesting and informative lectures were given, with questions invited. We enjoyed wandering around the spacious rooms, examining at our leisure all his wonderful work. It was great fun to examine all the covers in the basement room, as well. If you take the time to study these, many of them will bring a chuckle, whether they predate you or not. I recommend this museum for anyone taking a break in the Stockbridge area. If you are there from May to October, you are permitted to view his studio, as well.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ellenville
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“very enjoyable day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2003

we thoroughly enjoyed our day at the Norman Rockwell Museum & the surrounding area. The work that was displayed was very interesting & brought back many memories. We were there at least two hours. We also enjoyed seeing his workshop & the quides did an excellent job of describing the paintings & the artist & his family.

4 Thank helenbillt