“Steady and Dependable”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Not fine dining but always dependable. Extensive menu, affordable, no frills. Seafood is always good.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Just a very average to below-average restaurant. Service is ok, they have a huge menu, but nothing is outstanding. Place looks a bit run-down.

3  Thank Linda W
Reviewed May 29, 2013

First of all, thank you for having a venue such as this one to share our experience as paying customers. I personally would go to this establishment when I lived in Worcester years ago, but had not gone to this location, as my friend had many times before we had gone on this day back in The fall of last year, I wanted to wait a while ,before I entered this assessment, so it would be unemotional, as well as factual.

My friend and I were in Worcester to for some business appointments, and on our return to Leominster, we thought we stop into this establishment, because it had been some time for me, and both thought that it would be an enjoyable experience.
Well, it was 2PM by the time we arrived, so we both thought that whatever "Lunch Rush", during the week may have dissipated a bit, and service would be quick.

We entered the building and had to wait to be seated, and then a young male server greeted us, and asked if we would like a drink, so we both ordered a non-adult beverage, he then ripped through any "Special's" they had, but he was able to answer any questions that we had, which was refreshing. We rec'd our drinks, and our salad's with dressings on the side in no time in no time at all.
I said to my friend, "Wow! they don't fool around here, huh" So we both ate our salad's which were crisp and tasty for a salad's, but the pace of service had changed a bit.

We both ordered baked stuffed lobster's, and we both know the time frame for these "tasty crustacean's" to be ready to eat, but it seems to have taken a little longer, taking into consideration the lack of patron's at that time of the day. Finally the meal's were served, and I have to say that my first impression of the color and how they were arranged on the plate were not visually stimulating, that even a visually impaired patron would have taken notice and were sub-par at best, too!

I thought well, let's hope they taste better than they look? I'm originally from the State of Maine, I have a pretty good idea how lobster should look and taste, too! Especially since Our Family was in the restaurant space in the 60's & 70's!
I went for the stuffing and a little bit of the lobster, and my word I almost spit it out, it was the most bland tasting, not to mention cold stuffing I've ever tasted in my 54 years on this Earth, and my friend agreed, as well!

So, giving them the benefit of doubt, I went to another location to see if it was the same, and Voila! it was even worse, if you can imagine that! All I could think is how a well established eatery could possibly mess this up, well they surely did, and with such refinement that the it either fooled the wait staff, or they were so accustom to it, that they just appreciated anyone who came in the eatery, who knows for sure? Had to find the young waiter and I told him of our displeasure and he, being not so experienced called over the hostess, and I explained the situation, and of course they had the standard reparté, I just stated to credit one and that would be good enough, because at that point in time, it was quite apparent to us that they have no idea on how to progress to keep this customer happy, and perhaps a repeat one, as well.

The poor young waiter came over and asked if he could get us a dessert on the house, and I and my friend felt truly bad for him, but he'll hopefully learned to look at what he brings out to the customer from the kitchen, and ensure that it passed as eye inspection, but then again he's most likely not seasoned enough to make that assessment, before it reaches the customer.

All in all, this could have been an off day, but in my travels since then, I've heard stories that make mine seem like a Church Picnic. Again I know there are a lot of Italian's in that area and many others as well, and perhaps they haven't experienced quality Seafood, like Legals and a few others that our successfully out there, or even went to Maine to see how its done the right way, too!

Best of luck, but I doubt that it will change, since its been there for a while, and still packs them in. Its like the sheep still follow the herd, even in Leomister/Sterling area, however its not like that for all eateries in that ares, and thank goodness for that factoid, too! Make a great day happen, whenever you can now~ Enjoy!

6  Thank Paul Arthur Ant... P
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Depending on what you get the food can be quite good. I'd avoid the lobster, having ordered it 3 times on 3 different occasions it hasn't been hot yet. Turkey dinner, and swordfish are good. Either you get fast service or it's horribly slow.

3  Thank mithrandor
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have been to Barber’s Crossing North many times over many years. Relatives from out of the New England area like to have us take them there. We always get either the prime rib roast beef (3 sizes available) or the twin lobsters. Rustic atmosphere. Very good prices.