“Out of the way, but worth the trip”

Black & White Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Spencer
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I recently had lunch with 2 friends at the Black and White, on Route 31 in Spencer, MA. They have a widely varied menu, with a double-sided specials sheet. I chose a lasagna, which arrived quickly. The presentation was appetizing, and the flavor consistently good, with a layer of ground beef in the center of the pasta. My companions were equally satisfied with their choices,, a veggie wrap and a basic pasta with meatballs and sausage. 2 of us opted for dessert as well, and the brownie sundae was huge and filling and tasty. The service was friendly and attentive. We ate in the dining room, which is rather oddly shaped, and seemed a bit less comfortable than the bar area, which is very well designed. We will definitely return to the Black and White Grille.

There are newer reviews for Black & White Restaurant

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Black & White has a great food & drink selection. My husband and I have tried a variety of their dishes and everything is really good. My favorite is their pizza & calzones. Try the red hot buffalo chicken calzone, it's excellent!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Huge selection of foods, all served hot and made just the way you like it.

Everyone who works there (with one exception) is so personable. The hostess at the front entry area is too young and not very nice. Other than that, it is great!

All of the food is good, high quality, and tasty. The only item I would avoid is their baked potato .. Not always hot and not always fully cooked and tender.

It can be loud at night. Everyone is having a good time. There is a really fun Trivia Night on Thursdays. Nice bar area to watch the Pats, etc. Sometimes they have live music.

Huge dessert selection plus dozens of favors of ice cream.

You can't help but smile when you're there.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Will visiting my son at his school in N. Brookfield, he requested we go to dinner here. He, my GF and I went. Pizza and american food. It was good, not fantastic. Off the beaten path, worth visiting.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The food was great, prices were as well and the service was quick and attentive. All in all it was very good.