“THE BEST PANCAKES I HAVE EVER EATEN!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Charlie's Diner
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Spencer
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edison, New Jersey
“THE BEST PANCAKES I HAVE EVER EATEN!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

On our way out of Massachusetts, my fiancé and I stopped for breakfast at Charlie's Diner. The diner is very old looking, but it was clean, the service was good, and the food was excellent! The pancakes I ordered, were by far the best pancakes I have ever eaten. They were large and fluffy, but not too filling. It ended up being just the right amount of food. I also thought it was great that Charlie himself cooked our food! The owner and diner namesake still prepares the food fresh, right in front of you. If you are looking for a good meal, I highly recommend Charlie's Diner. You will not be disappointed.

Massachusetts
“A Gem....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Charlie's was on DDD, and really deserved to be honored after many years of great food. This place is a gem in Spencer, in Bussines since 1948 , the food and coffee are great. The cream chowda THE BEST in all dinners I had tried. You'll be transported back many years if you sit on the dinner area, we just love it....My daughter loves to go there on the weekends.....

• Visited May 2012
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
“Awesome breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

The breakfast menu is so diverse, lots of specials! I loves the eggs blackstone, highly recommend! Cool little diner find!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
West Brookfield
“Good food, casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

Charlie’s has been around for years, bringing lots of regulars with them when they moved from Worcester to Spencer. They’ve added a new dining room in the last year or so. We had breakfast there a few times when it was still just a small diner. We ate dinner there recently after hearing that a cook we knew from other restaurants (Ray) was now working there. They have a good sized menu (beef, chicken, fish and pasta dishes in addition to burgers and sandwiches). Most entrees ranged from $10-$20 with smaller versions of some entrees priced at well under $10. I had chicken ravioli (also had lots of pieces of a mild sausage). My wife had a seafood platter. We enjoyed our meals. Portions were large. My wife took some of her meal home. We had a good waitress. With a couple of beers and a mixed drink the total cost, including a good tip, was about $50. We arrived at 5:00 on a Friday night, in time to get one of the 6 booths in the new dining room. By 5:45 folks were waiting for tables (I’ve heard they don’t take reservations for groups smaller than 8). When we left at about 6:30, there were still people waiting for a table. We’ll go back and I’d recommend it.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank pilgrim0001
MA
“Local diner - good eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

Usually head to Charlies for breakfast at least once or twice a month. Lots of choices, and substitutions or add ons.
Locals eat here, so that's a good sign.
Haven't tried dinner yet.
This is/was an historic local diner car, with newly added wing for extra seating.

Good eats at good prices.
Friendly staff.
Can have a longer wait on Sunday mornings but the added dining area has extended their service.

Parking can be tight, but the town owned lot next door takes overflow.
Just off the main roads so easy to get to.

• Visited November 2011