The Red Maple Inn
AC Hotels
$128
  • Pool
$101
All reviewsrose roomnew englandintimate dining roomcentral massachusettssoft sheetsother guestsa great staybrimfield antique showcomfortable staybed was very comfortableretreathosts
Reviewed September 18, 2009

My wife and I spent three nights at the Red Maple Inn during the September 2009 Brimfield Antique Show. Our rooom was quiet, clean and comfortable.

Our breakfast and dinner meals were simply outstanding (truly 5 star quality). Shari and John, the Innkeepers, were friendly, warm and really concened that their guests enjoyed their stays.

An outstanding stay in every way at a fair price! A great place to spend a few days and nights.

J B ROBERTS
PROSPECT, KY

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
redtree, Owner at The Red Maple Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2010

Thank you for your review, and especially for your comments on Chef Shari Alexander's cooking. As you may know, Shari earned three stars from The New York Times, and has had restaurants in The Hamptons and Sarasota, FL, so we can confidently say that your experience was not just a lucky coincidence! We hope you'll come back, and perhaps plan your visit around one of her outstanding (and usually sold-out) cooking classes. Again, many thanks for your kind words, and for taking a moment to write this review.

Reviewed September 5, 2009

This is the most fabulous inn I have ever stayed in!! The innkeepers are accomodating and serve the most delicious food. Clean, beautiful, and luxurious. Do yourself a favor, and book a night (or a week!) at the Red Maple Inn in Spencer.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

What a terrific review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Red Maple Inn. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2008

My wife and I visited the Red Maple Inn for a few days leading up to the 4th of July as part of a longer vacation through New England. The weather was less-than-ideal, with lots of drizzle and downright downpours. We hardly noticed, however, because we had a wonderful time at the Inn! The owners are charming conversationalists, and offered wonderful suggestions for local activities -- through them we discovered several adorable small towns, sailed on a catamaran, found the best sushi restaurant in the area.... Breakfast at the Red Maple is a joy as well. You choose what you'd like from a varied seasonal menu, which had changed completely since our last visit a year or two ago. The dining room is set up in a way that allows each set of diners to decide whether or not they wish to converse with the other guests. It's easy to chat with other tables in the intimate dining room, but also easy to maintain your privacy -- a bonus for me before I've had my coffee. Breakfast itself was excellent, prepared fresh daily. Fresh fruit included deliciously ripe melon with a dollop of yogurt and fresh blackberries picked the night before. Also highly recommended is the stuffed french toast or spinach and goat cheese omelette (if available). We didn't get a chance to sample one of the Chef/Owner's dinners this time, but at our last visit to the Inn, the dinners were excellent and really exceeded my expectations for a little town like Spencer Mass. Perfect for a rainy afternoon, the basement screening room has a big screen, great sound, and a BIG dvd library to choose from. Our room (the Duck room) was lovely as well, offering decor a little more masculine than some of the others, but offering the same eye for detail (fine linens, bottle of dessert wine, etc)
All-in-all, a great experience -- my wife and I will most certainly return!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Napertraveler

The weather we can't control, but your experience once inside the Inn is our responsibility, and we are so happy that your enjoyed your visit. A comfortable room, a warm and friendly atmosphere and delicious and varied breakfast choices are the hallmark of a good Inn experience and we're delighted that we were able to provide these, in spite of the rain.
We hope you'll come again, and we'll put in a good word with the weather man! Thanks so much for writing.

Reviewed July 14, 2008

I have stayed at the Red Maple Inn 3 times- July 10 th and 11th of 2008 was my most recent visit. Each stay was for my yearly trip to the Brimfield Fair.

I love staying in the Inn. The Inn keepers John and Shari are WONDERFUL. They created a beautful Inn and make each and every guest feel special. The food is AMAZING- just delicious!

This is must do on any one's list who wants to getaway and relax.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I am going to book my 4th stay for September this week!!!!!! I HIGHLY recommend the RMI.

Lynda Fitzgerald
Weymouth MA

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank lyndafitz

Many thanks for this wonderful review. We think the real test of a BnB experience is: would you return? You've answered that question beautifully! And we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2008

From a B&B owner - it is always interesting to see someone else's approach to Innkeeping. The Red Maple Inn in Spencer, MA is stately and historic. My three teenage children and I were very comfortable there, and felt well taken care of. Breakfast was delicious. The Innkeeper was gracious even though the four of our each selected a different breakfast meal from the menu. I would gladly return. (B&B Owner in Ohio)

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Thanks so much for sharing your opinions from a professional's point of view. High praise indeed coming from a colleague and fellow breakfast warrior! Thanks so much for visiting with us, and for writing your comments. We value them highly!