“No Gluten Free Toast”

D & J's Hash House
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Southwick
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Breakfast with my wife. The water was good as well as the coffee. I ordered loose scrambled eggs and received dry folded eggs not even scrambled. The server should have explained that they don’t scramble and had me make a different choice. They also do not offer any Gluten free toast and do not use real butter. They get a C + at best from me.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (58)

Reviewed August 7, 2019

We are breakfast people and we go out most every weekend , I always give a place a few shots before passing judgment . I tried it three times and there is no reason to ever go there again

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 29, 2019 via mobile

The Hash House is much more than hash-
The menu offers more than the usual breakfast fare - I loved the BLT wrap and the gluten free pancakes are a special treat for anyone who has a restricted diet.

Hostess was welcoming and the restaurant is very cute, neat and clean. A great little spot to stop and enjoy a morning meal

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 28, 2019

We enjoy restaurants at both ends of the culinary continuum, fancy places and down home ones. The most important things is the owner's passion and honesty. I'm always on the lookout for quality corned beef hash. With hash in the restaurant name, it is reasonable to expect something worthy. Theirs is better than average and apparently home made. the menu is breakfast on one side and lunch on the other.

the decor could be charitably called early rustic, but everything is clean and the service is friendly and prompt. Glad to see an outdoor patio, which we might try on a day a little cooler than today.

I had the hash with some decent scrambled eggs and rye toast. My wife tried their pancakes with the sensible option of some real maple syrup.

The prices are modest, the portions large. My only quibble today was the industrial grade generic ketchup, which was watery and unworthy of the hash. Iced coffee was fine.

Our impression, favorable if not ecstatic. We will go back and sample the luncheon menu. Good reports on the Eggs Benedict, another option.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 30, 2019

I went to this place at the suggestion of a friend I was visiting two weeks ago. We went back four times over a two week period. My friend is a professor at Westfield University, and has lived in Westfield about 5 minutes from the Hash House. It's his go to place for breakfast. My friend is a fine cook himself and a gourmet. He loves it and I love it.
The place is very clean, the food excellent and abundant. If you like crisp bacon , traditional hash browns, Eggs Benedict (in variations) old fashioned pancakes, and the like, you've found the right place.
There were also some innovations. A "breakfast bowl" which consisted of small potato wedges, corned beef, covered with scrambled eggs and hollandaise sauce. I had it several times. On another occasion I had a huge blueberry pancake. If I lived in the area I would sample the rest of the menu, but alas I had to leave.
I highly recommend it.