“Beautiful banquet hall”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Tucker's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tucker's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Southwick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ocala
“Beautiful banquet hall”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Went to Tuckers for a Bridal shower. Very nice atmosphere and helpful staff.
The food was a buffet style, and was very good.

2 Thank Mham516

Springfield, Massachusetts
“Don't order the chicken pot pie!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I met friends on a recent Wednesday night. My friends all had the same beef dish which they all seemed to like. I think it was the pot roast. I opted for something different, and since I love corn chowder and chicken pot pie I ordered both of these. The chowder was just average, not too flavorful. It had lots of corn, potatoes and onions, but it did not taste like it should for a restaurant of this caliber. My entree of the chicken pot pie, well what can I say the steak fries were the best part. All four of them, yes thats right FOUR steak fries. The pot pie had a "hat" on top for the top crust. The inside of the pie looked good, but….. not!! Very very bland. The gravy had no flavor, the chicken was ok, but I was extremely disappointed. I felt cheated. I was so looking forward to a nice dinner out. Then I made the mistake of ordering dessert. I ordered the brownie a la mode. This was NOT a brownie, it was chocolate cake. Brownies should be moist and chewy not cake like. It tasted ok, for cake! I will not be back any time soon, which is too bad as I have had good meals here in the past.

• Visited June 2014
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Amazingly Consistent”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Perhaps the nearest restaurant to our house, as the crow flies, we sometimes have a tendency to take Tucker's for granted. We also tend to avoid Saturday nights, preferring to dine during the week when things are less frenetic-at most any restaurant. Last night reminded me of how good they are.

First, they have the nicest and most efficient wait staff for miles around. Second, since they have opened, we have never had a bad meal here, and we have had many fine ones. They always have several soups that are superb. Entrees come with some ably cooked mixed vegetables. Their fish and shellfish dishes are excellent-so much so that we once asked-and found out-who is their supplier. The menu has a lot of old standards, but Michael is not afraid or incapable of doing more interesting dishes. Look for the specials. There is always a wide range of desserts, again keeping some of the most popular old timers like Indian Pudding and Bread Pudding, Grasshopper and Pecan Pies.

They have made a great effort to keep prices reasonable, and this is especially so at lunch time. While anyone is welcome, they have a large sector of older clientele, sometimes with grandchildren in tow. These folks know value, and may have some dietary needs, all of which are catered to with tact. They roll up the sidewalks fairly early in Southwick, so start times are 4:30 PM and service only to 8:30 weekday nights and to 9 on Friday and Saturday.

While the wine list is not terribly exciting, there are some very reliable choices, and it is in keeping with the restaurants price points. The ambiance is pleasant and informal. Certainly not trendy or cutting edge, but comfortable.

Dining at Tucker's is like dining with good friends. No one needs to impress each other, but you value integrity and honest effort. Turning out thousands and thousands of fine meals each year without overtaxing wallets deserves praise. Your taste buds may not be challenged, but this is a place you can count on to provide you with a satisfying meal.

The wait staff is constantly moving, in and out of the kitchen and around tables, especially Saturday night, and it is a well choreographed ballet.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ulysses4
Southwick, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Food and Good Entertainment”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We bought tickets to a Beatles Party at Tuckers and had such a wonderful time. The food was really good as well as the service. We love the entertainment it was something different to do.

Visited March 2014
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Tucker's restaurant in Southwick, MA”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The food was good and the service was excellent. I have been to more up scale restaurant but this restaurant is quite good in comparison.

• Visited March 2014