“Good family experience Columbus Day Weekend 2012”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southwick
Sodom Mountain Campground
Easthampton, Massachusetts
“Good family experience Columbus Day Weekend 2012”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

First time visitor to Sodom Mountain Campground. Overall - pretty good experience. Traveled with my husband and two young boys (7 and 8). Fairly easy to find, especially with a GPS. The campground is nestled in the mountain so it was beautiful with all the fall colors.

We found our site to be spacious, grassy and very accessable. Our sites were perfectly located directly across from the playground and basketball court. The play ground was great for my boys. The basket ball court was sufficient - the basketball hoop and backboard were "usable" but is in need of repair.

Overall - Sodom Mt. had the feeling of a "smaller" campground and was VERY quiet - which was surprising as it was a holiday weekend. Being a holiday week-end - their "schedule" seemed a little on the lite side. On Saturday they had some great "halloween" type events such as pumpkin painting and trick or treating for the kids, followed by a DJ icecream social event. Unfortunately, Sunday only had 1 event scheduled - a Haunted Hayride, off site at Southwick Acres Campground on 202, which unfortunately was rained out. However I thought it was nice of them to allow us to keep the "tickets" for the haunted hay ride and we will be able to use them any time in the month of October. Over all - they might have benefited from scheduling a "family" bingo or something else on Sunday just to give the families something to do.

We found the campground to be clean, quiet and safe. As for staff - we had little need to communicate with them - but during check in and check out - the staff were polite.

Overall - good family experience and will likely go again next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Donna W

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New England, USA
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at Sodom Mountain over Labor Day weekend in a travel trailer. Overall, we found the campground to be a reasonably priced and pleasant experience. It was easy to find with a gps. All of the staff that we interacted with were polite, friendly and helpful. The sites throughout the campground ranged from large to small with equipment from tents to very large campers. We found the size of our site to be adequate. Some of the sites were very close together but we were lucky to get one with a bit of space around it. This campground is on the side of a mountain so there were hills. We needed to put more leveling blocks than usual but the site was fairly close to level despite the mountain terrain. The bathrooms were old but clean. My only complaint is that they have coin operated showers. The campground was full as it was a holiday weekend and the location is only about 20 minutes to Six Flags (and they sell good discount tickets). There was a bit of noise from all those people in the late afternoon/evening but at 11:00pm (quiet time) the place went silent. We were given a schedule for bingo and activities for children. There was a clean but shallow 3-4ft) pool. In summary, this was a decent, reasonably priced, clean campground. If you are looking for a "camp resort" this is not the place but for a decent campground in a beautiful location this fit the bill.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
north smithfield
Reviewed August 2, 2012

it is a quiet campground... not very well kept up.... and woman that runs the place is kind of forward.. I went into the little store they have to buy a cup of coffee the lady at the desk told me there was a container of cream in the fridge... so I went to the fridge and was walking back to my coffee by the coffee machine.... the lady that runs the place came and grabbed the container out of my hand and told me its not forsale its for the store... I explained that my coffee was right over near coffee pot and she handed back to me without even saying she was sorry for grabbing it out of my hand .... I would not stay there again.... also I had a travel trailer and it just seems like your stuffed together with other trailers.... not alot of room between campsites....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank aff551

Travelers are raving about these Southwick hotels

Norridgewock, Maine
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I wouldn't say this place was horrible, and yes I would stay here again. We stayed over the fourth of July. We really were only there to sleep. Our site was slanted. So we had to sleep in a way so we wouldnt notice it. And, you have to pay to use the shower????? Thats all I really had to complain about. They have a store to buy everything we forgot at out house. And firewood. Oveall it wasnt bad. The location to Six Flas was great. Almost just down the road, and they had discounted tickets!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

First of all, we didnt stayed here by choice, but only because it was getting late in the day and we could get a room in a hotel nearby. If we had read the tripadvisor reviews (as we usually do) we would have avoided it at all cost.

The lady at the office doing the check-ins is certainly in the wrong profession, as customer service is clearly not her thing. Its like begging her to take your business here and let you stay. The facilities are tired and not particular clean, but what took the cake was the coin operated shower after charging you 34 dollars for a bare tent site with no grass, electricity or WiFi reception.

To top of our experience here, it started to poor down in the middle of the night turning the tent site into a mud pit.

The only nice thing the check-in lady did for us was providing two plastic bags to wrap up our soaked and muddy tent.

But yeah, not the best camping experience overall so sadly only 1 out of 5... Time for some soul searching...

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank teamberg
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We travelled to Sodom Mountain this summer, mainly because of a search saying it was closest to Six Flags.
Knowing what we know now, we would have rather stayed at Wal Mart!

The managment was helpful and friendly..but the campground is very OLD, very SMALL, nothing there to do at all.
We have a 36 ft Fifth wheel, and the site she gave us, our truck almost had to go in 4 wheel drive to make it up a hill.
Wires were so low, almost topuching the top.
Very hard to find.\
To bad because, if it was upgraded and made modern it may help...but after travelling from Canada...what a disappointment.
People partied all night long...which made us somewhat nervous.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank camperfam155032
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I;m sorry I had to even give this place 1 star.The management/woman that owns or runs the place is completely out of her gourd.
She treats all campers as if they are her children. She will come over to your campsite wether it is a Monday or a Saturday if you have visitors over past 10 pm and make a point to belittle you in front of everyone and then YELL at your visitors and tell them to get out within the next 10 minutes or she will call the cops. I know there's plenty of opinions on this but put yourself in our shoes and imagine how crazy that sounds. My visiting family had beers in their hands when she came over and she called them "drunks" to their faces.
I just want to know what the hell happened to camping???
Is this a daycare for the unstable woman that owns this place or is this a place we pay to have fun in the summer with our families.
If your going to camp here anytime in the future....I feel sorry for you for supporting this Luny campground,
Just do the favor and introduce yourself to the peron that runs the place then come back here and share your review because I know you'll get what I'm saying afterwards....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
12 Thank lovecamping222
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southwick
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
White Pines Campsites
White Pines Campsites
#2 of 2 in Barkhamsted
Elm Motel
Elm Motel
#4 of 4 in Westfield

Been to Sodom Mountain Campground? Share your experiences!