“I Cannot Believe I Waited So Long To Go...What a Gem!”
Review of The Metro Bistrot

The Metro Bistrot
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Southbridge
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Metro Bistrot is a small restaurant in southern Worcester County serving French-style regional food mostly originating from the head cook's--Marie-Paule Marthe's--family in France.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

My first visit to the Metro Bistrot will not be my last. You can't judge a book by its cover. This restaurant is in a small plaza and it is hard to tell from the outside what lies inside. You'll find it cozy and welcoming. The service is excellent and unpretentious. My friends and I shared several appetizers and one had the French onion soup. I am told it is unlike the onion soup with croutons and baked cheese on top. Meals are served with side of the day or what the chef deems best for the entrée. I had the salmon and others had the lamb ragout and roast beef. The menu is brief and rotates regularly. We enjoyed knowing we were not rushed. Most entrées are the same price. The big bonus is BYOB, although there is a corkage fee. There is ample parking and the restaurant is accessible. We intend to return soon.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (115)

Reviewed January 13, 2020

We had the place for a private Sunday dinner. We picked our menu in advance and were not disappointed. The food was authentic French and the hosts were very gracious. They accommodated the children and we all had a great time.

Date of visit: January 2020
295jayl, Owner at The Metro Bistrot, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to host you, and the children were a delight. You all had the right sense of adventure and delight for our humble little place in post-industrial Southbridge.

Reviewed October 19, 2019 via mobile

The food was wonderful..each morsel a taste sensation. Friends had ratatouille... Done wonderfully. I had a beef ragout....strong as if I were in la belle France!

It is a busy small venue .. otherwise unpretentious. The service is quiet but we'll timed.

Reservations are a must.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 16, 2019 via mobile

Recently, my wife and I were visiting friends in Woodstock Connecticut. We wanted to express our appreciation by taking them out for a nice meal. Through Yelp I was able to find a French restaurant less than twenty minutes away, in a small town in Massachusetts named Southbridge.
I secured reservations and we went there for dinner.
They do not have a liquor license. They suggest several package stores in the area to pick up wine. I believe they have a $5 corkage fee per bottle.
We noticed most patrons had brought wine.
We had food that was made to order and which was well paced for the courses. Our favorite dishes were scallops in a rich white wine cream sauce, roasted duck leg and confit, and a burgundy flavored beef t aYa stew. We passed on dessert. However, we did enjoy a cheese board with five different kind , made either from cow or goat milk. Our favorite was a cheddar cheese made with sriracha. It’s a quality restaurant in the middle of nowhere.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 10, 2019

I was delighted to fine here,it's a byob and there is a uncorking fee for the French wine we bought,we started with the escargot,heavenly,then the lamb and a pasta that was so perfectly cooked,the atmosphere was quant very small,but wonderful,the chief studied in France but was local to Southbridge,and his French wife a and perision songs,I loved it.

Date of visit: July 2019