“By far the best place I've been too.”
Review of Metro Bistrot

Metro Bistrot
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Southbridge
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Metro Bistrot is a regional French-style bistrot in southern Worcester County serving food originating from the head cook's--Marie-Paule Marthe's--southernwestern French family.
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The service was excellent , the food was amazing and the overall atmosphere was beyond belief. This was my first time having any sort of French cuisine and I've enjoyed every bit of it. It was absolutely fantastic!!!

4  Thank Becka429

Reviewed March 7, 2014

My friends had been raving about this little French place. Not to be snobbish, but I wasn't necessarily expecting much in this neck of Massachusetts, especially when I noticed the location--next to a Subway. But the little lights on the window beckon you inside, and suddenly, you are in one of those travel "finds"--a truly authentic place where the food is lovingly prepared, the prices are unbelievably low ($6 appetizers including amazing homemade soup), beautiful amuse bouches including local smoked trout, and the best cassoulet I have ever eaten--savory, smoky and utterly satisfying. Bring a bottle of good wine--it's worth it. The meal will still run you under $50 or $60 for two, with appetizers. Tables are intimate and comfortable, walls have French inspired photographs, and the bonus, for me, is when the chef (and owner) came out and serenaded our table with a beautiful French love song. This is not necessarily the place for total privacy--the owners like to come out and talk about the food prep, the process, but that's part of the charm. Truly a one of a kind restaurant for the area, and indeed, for any place. I'm a NYC woman and this puts most of my local places to shame.

4  Thank romewriter
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have been back several times, partly because our first visit was so good it was hard to believe, and we wondered if it were just luck or our mood receptive mood. It wasn't - they are excellent. There is a level of culinary sophistication that borders on the surreal, appearing as it does in the middle of a strip mall in the working class town of Southbridge. The French chef is authentic, the food fresh and original, local, and hand-crafted, and the prices shockingly reasonable. I had a cassoulet in a Paris restaurant that had earned a Michelin star specifically for its cassoulets - and the Metro Bistrot's is far better.

You are encouraged to bring your own wine or spirits - don't forget them. And don't miss this place. They don't make many like them - anywhere.

3  Thank CentralMassachusetts
Reviewed March 4, 2014

True French comfort food served in a warm, friendly atmosphere. Great value and great food. This is a "must visit" place to dine.

4  Thank Joe M
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is an experience restaurant with authentic French cooking. Jay, the male partner, will explain how it is made, etc. His female partner ( I don't know her name), seems to spend most her time in the kitchen. She will emerge, however, to sing happy birthday to you in French. Very extensive menu.

Make a reservation and spend an evening. Last visit it was BYOB.

4  Thank R W