“Fine Dining in quiet, intimate atmosphere”
Review of Fins and Tales

Fins and Tales
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Southbridge
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Frequent menu changes to keep fresh local ingredients as the focus. Sauces and chutneys are brilliant. Not much to look at outside, but cozy inside with attentive, professional service.

There are newer reviews for Fins and Tales

Reviewed July 22, 2012

What a jewel in Southbridge! The service was wonderful (loved our waitress's British accent)!

We had the pear & procuitto appetizer, which was great! Nice wine list. I had the salmon and my dining companion had the chicken parm. Both were delicious. The tiramisu and creme brulee were wonderful.

The bread that we were given at the beginning of the meal was unimpressive. It was also served with olive tapenade, which not everyone likes (we did not!). And thus the reason for 4 stars was this dull start to our meal. Luckily, the rest of it was exceptional and made up for it!

The decor inside was very tasteful and the restaurant was not busy on the Wednesday night that we were there. We felt like we had the place to ourselves and the service reflected that as well.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

After reading all the reviews here my husband and I decided to try Fins & Tales. We live in a rural part of CT so we have to drive a good distance to get great seafood. Fins & Tales is now our FAVORITE seafood restaurant and we can't wait to eat there again. The food is fresh and deliciously prepared!!! We had the PEI mussels and the crab cakes as appetizers and both dishes were exceptional. We have had PEI mussels when vacationing in PEI and they weren't this good. My husband had the fried oysters for his entree and I had the scallops. Both were out of this world. We also had the brownie sundae because of the reviews we read here and the brownie was warm and delicious. There is a business above the restaurant that does make noise. I think it is a decorating/upholstery company and they are throwing rolls of fabric around. It wasn't that bad. The decor is vey nice. We're bringing our daughter and son-in-law next time they visit. They travel all over the world and eat in 5 star restaurants all the time but we think they will love this chef. Our waitress wasn't warm and fuzzy but she was efficient.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We tried Fins and Tales for the first time and will definitely return. We shared the fried oysters, I had the salmon and my husband had swordfish, for dessert we had the brownie sundae with ice cream and Frangelico. Everything was very good and our waitress was very nice.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I had the macaroni & cheese with lobster, it was great.The other guests had the fisheman's platter, it was great. The desserts were out of this world! Bread pudding and the banana cheesecake. It's a great atmosphere and the service is excellent. I will be going back soon.
Dawn L. Piche