“Best sushi joint in the area”

Yama Fuji Asian Fusion
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Southborough
Description: At Yama Fuji, we offer Chinese, Japanese and Thai cuisine. We use only the finest ingredients and fresh products for our dishes. Our menu was created with the goal of making delicious, healthly, and wholesome Asian foods.
Reviewed August 12, 2015

The sushi here is fresh and delicious. It is a great choice for people who live nearby.. The hot dishes are wonderful too.

1  Thank caromeljoy

Reviewed July 29, 2015

Yama Fuji is a great little local place. Go early as it is small and can fill up. Reasonable prices and very good food - sushi and other Asian dishes.

1  Thank Cathy S
Reviewed July 25, 2015

We got here about 8pm on a Saturday night and the restaurant was empty even though they are open until 11pm. It's in the back of a small mall just south of route 9. Later, another couple came to eat. I don't know what this says about Southborough as the food was quite good. I started with a side of tuna sashimi as an appetizer. Three nice pieces for a small price with the usual gari, wasabi, and shredded daikon. I had the chicken yaki udon for my main; the chicken was tender and the sauce was good. I had a choice of soup or salad, so I took the seaweed salad which is one of my favorites of Japanese food. My wife had the beef tataki; it had a very nice sauce. Her main was a fusion dish--Thai mango shrimp. She really enjoyed it to the extent of soaking up the remaining sauce with the rice. The sauce was a bit too sweet for my personal taste, but she enjoyed it. It was late and they were out of mochi ice cream so we skipped dessert. There is a limited saki choice so my wife had a small scorpion (I don't see how anyone could handle a large one). I hope they stay in business and get more customers; this mall is not one that would lead to casual drop-ins.

1  Thank Scanner_Lewis
Reviewed July 8, 2015

Good sushi, but could promote their business a little more. Also a mix of Asian fusion and other Chinese dishes. Never crowded, but a good place to eat.

1  Thank sobodad
Reviewed June 3, 2015 via mobile

This was my second time here. I went for lunch with my girlfriend and we had lunch. They have 8 or 9 lunch specials for 9 dollars. You have a choice to pick one main dish from the Lunch Menu and add a salad or a small bowl of miso soup.
I was very satisfied with the quality of the meal and the flavor .
The waitress was kind and polite.
The ambiance is not that great, but it's clean and inviting .

1  Thank ChicaPeru