“1 Night Stay - Feb 2/2013 - Very Happy with our Stay!”

Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southborough
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very clean, comfortable room - perfect for our 1 night stay (or even more then that)! Check in was quick and the gentleman behind the desk was very friendly (did not catch his name), he called us a few mins after we got into the room to ask us if everything was ok and if we needed anything more! Great customer service!! The grounds are very well kept and clean - perfect for anyone with dogs - lots of room for them to walk and run, convenience store right in front of the Inn and a Wendy's right beside. The room is basic and if your a picky person looking for a 5 star resort type stay then this is not for you. But like I said the room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and everything we needed was only 5-10 mins away max. We also had free WiFi in our room which was a nice perk! There was no hair-dryer in the room, but a quick call to the front desk and less then 5 mins later I had a hair dryer - so no problems! Short drive to Marlborough MA where we had some things to do - and also not a far drive from Downtown Boston - took us less then 30 mins! Overall I would stay here again in a heart beat, the price is right and everyone was very helpful and friendly! I would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Harriet R
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your great reveiw of our hotel. We love to hear when our guests enjoy their stay with us. The staff work very hard to ensure that our guests are happy and comfortable. We love Pets and love that our guests bring their pets, we do have a great "yard" for your dogs! Thank you again for taking the time to write about your experience with us, we appreciate it! Please come back soon as we are undergooing a renovation that started this week that is going to update our rooms and add a more modern feel while adding additional value to our guests stay. We look forward to showing you our new rooms.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel staff is very responsive, nice, and always ready to assist and help. It means a lot for frequent traveler as I am.
The room was clean, convenient, and everyday well maintained. The mattresses and pillows are not too soft and not too hard. I think they are more pleasant and healthier than in quite a few other hotels.

There are several shopping centers in 5-10 minutes driving with many fast food restaurants and supermarkets (e.g. North 495 Marlborough or West RT-9). Wendy’s is in the walking distance. Recently renovated the gas station in front of the hotel also has good choices of fast food/drinks . In addition, there are the fast food delivery phone numbers in the main hotel lobby and in the room.

Frequently in the evenings, I had to work online from the hotel, and always had good and stable Wi-Fi connection.
I was glad staying in the hotel and would stay there another time.
Joseph.

Room Tip: Usually gas is cheaper on the gas station in front of the hotel than on the nearest one located on t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Joseph S
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review of our Hotel. Everyone here works very hard to ensure your comfort while you are with us. It is great when that is acknowledged! We do appreciate it very much. I am very happy to share with you that we are beginning a renovation that is going to modernize our rooms and add even more value to your stay. I look forward to showing you the new rooms next time you are in Southborough.

Again thank you so much I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Much better than motel 6 down the road. Great locaton near 495..and actual wooded area..so a great place for a Dog. The cleaning staff do a good job.

But this is a $59..a room hotel..and it will attract a certain garden variety of people that you may not want to deal with. I would not recommend this Inn for business travel. Management doesn't appear to be that well trained in customer service as they can get agrumentative and don't appear to have good training in Customer Service.

Bottom line..if you have a pet, and you are going to the Boston area..it is a good value, clean and near a great travel stop and gas station.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank outdoor75xs
Hilary E, Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Inn. We do have a great Pet Policy and lots of room for pets to run. I am very sorry that you feel that I did not meet the mark on Customer Service. I would like to speak with you about your situation and where I did not provide you excellent Customer Service. I take customer satisfaction very seriously and always try to accommodate all of our guests so that they are comfortable and feel secure while at our Inn. I never discriminate against anyone however, do work very closely with the local Police Department to ensure the safety of all of our guests.

Again I am very sorry that you feel I did not offer you excellent customer service, as stated above I and my staff work very hard to excel at making each guest that stays with us feel at home. I do think we offer a great value and will improve upon that in the coming months with our renovation. We will have a more modern feel to the rooms and I am excited about the changes.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My son and I shared a room here for 60 days. We had a real chance to see it all over this period of time. And it was truly a pleasant stay. The rooms are clean and attractive, the staff was helpful, friendly, and dedicated. If you want access to Boston, Worcester, Rhode Island, and more from nearby major interstate highways you are typically within an hours drive and this location is outstanding.

Recommend this establishment most highly for value in its class.

1  Thank Doug S
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. I am so happy to hear when our guests enjoy their time with us. The entire staff work hard to make every single person feel at home and comfortable and to get such great feedback validates their hard work. Customer Service and Cleanliness are important to our success and we take this very seriously. I am glad that your experience with us exceeded your expectations and that you took the time to share it on Tripadvisor. We appreciate it very much.

I wanted to share some great news with you - we are beginning a renovation in early 2013 that will add more value to our guests stay. We are looking forward to our new modern look - please come back and see the changes next time you are in the area.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We got a very clean ADA room with hair dryer, microwave, fridge and coffee maker for $65/night. Everything worked. For the type of motel it is, it was nicer than most. We travel with our dog so our options are often limited. There was no extra fee for the dog. I bring alcohol wipes and wiped down the remote, the phone and everything else we would touch so if it is clean enough for me, it is clean. The location is near highways but there isn't a lot in the immediate area. A Cumberland Farms is opening right in front so that will be convenient. We didn't see anything like the horrors that others saw. The free wifi was good enough to watch a movie on Netfix. There was a safe in the room - most unusual for this type of motel.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms with microwave/fridge. Check everything in the room before you unpack.
2  Thank RobertaNManhattan_NY
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. It is great to hear the positive and we all appreciate it very much. Everyone here work extremely hard to ensure that our guests are comfortable and feel at home while they are with us, it is so nice when someone notices their hard work and comments on it. We all really appreciate you sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

We are very excited to let you know that we are scheduled for a renovation in January 2013. We will updating the decor to give the rooms a more modern feel adding even more value to our guests stay. We will still be Pet Friendly so please bring your pets to see the new rooms as well!

Again thank you for your time we all really appreciate it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very friendly people! i stayed here this week and the staff is so nice. They are always happy and seem to really enjoy being at work. Gisela was a joy at the front desk, very helpful with ensuring that the coffee area was always stocked with fresh coffee. I had a room in the second building facing a wooded area which was great. It was so quiet and peaceful. The room was well cleaned and there was plenty of parking so I didn't have to travel far to my room. I will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: The rooms int he back are very quiet. I am a light sleeper but I didn't wake up once through the...
2  Thank Bradford S
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words about our Hotel. Gisela, along with everyone else here work very hard to ensure our guests feel welcome and comfortable while they are with us. It is so nice when the pride that the staff have in their jobs shows and is recognized by a guest. We appreciate it so much. I will be sure to share your review with the entire staff.

Exciting changes are coming our way in early 2013 with a renovation that will increase your value while offering a great modern look. Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had while at our property.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week for business and it was a very pleasant experience. I checked in midweek with a woman named Gisela who was really friendly and helpful. I asked about a place for breakfast and she gave me the name of this small diner nearby which was fantastic, and helped me with some directions. Every morning when I would go for coffee Gisela was always smiling and would say hi and wish me a good morning. It was such a great way to start off my days. I stayed through the weekend and cut my trip short due to a storm which was headed that way. I checked out early and the girl at the front desk on the weekend, Jenna was just fabulous. She made sure that my card would not be charged for the additional days that I would no longer need and wished me a save travels onto my next meeting location which was a 3 hour drive. She printed directions for me and gave me the hotel's business card in case I needed anything else. The housekeepers were also great. The room was very clean and the housekeepers would always check if I needed anything. The staff was so friendly, helpful and accomodating! They will come to know you by name and make you feel right at home. I will definitely stay here again for work.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Sarah M
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words about the staff! Gisela and Jenna, along with everyone here, work hard to ensure our guests feel at home and comfortable. Customer Service is very important to us and I am proud to work beside all of them every day - they truly care about the guests and the experiences they have while they are with us.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with everyone on Trip Advisor. I am happy to share with you that we will be undergoing a renovation early next year that will make our rooms more modern while adding value to your stay. We are all very excited about the changes coming Red Roof Inn Southborough and hope that you will come back and enjoy the upgrades next time you are in the area.

Again thank you so much, we look forward to your next visit with us.

Hilary Easter

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southborough
9 mi away
Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Best Western Milford Inn
Residence Inn Boston Framingham

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester? Share your experiences!