“Surprisingly good!!!”

Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southborough
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed in a Red Roof Inn years ago and it was NOT a pleasant experience but from the time my friend and I arrived I was impressed. First Nelson and Jolly could not have been more cordial and room was clean and the price was just right. I'll be coming back to Red Roof Inns in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Henrybarons
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

I first want to thank you for giving Red Roof Inns a second chance; I am so glad that your second impression was better than the first. The entire staff works so hard to make sure that our guests are comfortable and feel at home and it shows. I am happy that we were able to change your opinion and that you will continue to use us in the future.

I am very excited about the renovations we will be getting in the near future and hope that you will come back after and see the new rooms. They will be more modern and add more value to your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words I will be sure to share them with everyone - especially Nelson and Jolly!

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My Husband and I recently relocated from TN to MA and we had some troubles finding an apartment to rent. But we did find this Red Roof In that took pets. We ended up staying for almost 2 weeks. They were GREAT!!! The rooms were very clean and nice. they would check with us every morning to make sure that we didn't need anything, since we had the pets they could only clean the room when we would remove the pets. We would take the pets out and let them clean the rooms. The front desk staff was very polite and helpful with anything we asked. When Family comes to visit us I will be recommending they stay at this hotel! Thanks for a great experience!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank LLBM12
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. Everyone works hard to make sure our guests feel comfortable and at home while they stay will us. We love having your pets here as well and the large lawn area between our buildings is a great way to ensure your pets get the excersise they need. We look forward to welcoming your friends and family when they come to visti you!

Thank you again for your kind words, I will share the review with the entire staff.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Not exactly a 5 star resort, but clean, convenient, well maintained and nice rooms. We have stayed here three times in the last year and for the money, we will definitely stay here again -- especially when you look at the cost of staying in or near Boston ($125 and up for a so-so hotel). They also let us bring our dog without charging an extra fee, so another plus for them! If you're looking for a decent room for a reasonable price you should really consider this Red Roof! My only complaint is that they try to charge you a fee for the in-room safe, even if you tell them you don't want it. But if you remind them not to put it on the bill before they charge your card it's not a real problem.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Maria C

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. I do understand that the safe feature can be frustrating if you do not use it. Offering this service at an optional fee to our guests allows us to preserve the excellent value of our room rates, while providing an additional amenity that many of our guests appreciate and regularly utilize during their stay. If you choose not to use the Safe we will always reverse the charges. If you do not use the safe and forget at check out to tell us you can always call us and we can reverse that charge then as well.

Again I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and will share your kind words with the entire staff. They work hard and it is nice to see the benefits of all of that hard work.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here recently for 2 nights. I was on business, I had an upgraded room with king size bed. on the second floor facing Turnpike Rd.
Well Turnpike Rd for a starter has no left turns for miles so you need to find a way in. Parking is easy and the lobby is nice. Staff is friendly. The rooms have exterior doors.
I have no complaints what-so-ever about the room. It's not a fancy hotel but the room was large, clean and had a 32" flat screen as well as fridge and a work area. I was very happy and will use this hotel in the future especially at this price point.
There is a new building being constructed in front so if you plan on sleeping in, you might be awaken by construction.
I recently stayed at the Motel 6 in Westborough for similar money and I would stay here over that Motel 6 every time.

Room Tip: There is no breakfast but there are services close by.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. The entire staff works very hard on a daily basis to ensure our guests feel at home and are comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. The next time you are here I am hopeful that the construction in front will be done and the brand new Cumberland Farms will be open and will be serving our guests great food and snacks.

Again thank you very much for your kind words I will be sure to share it with the staff.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Recently the 4 of us stayed 5 nights here. One thing I noticed quickly is any hotel close to Boston will cost over $100 per night. I considered a cheaper Motel 6 a few miles away and Im glad I didnt. That Motel 6 is only 60 feet away from State Route 9 (busy road). This Red Roof Inn is farther away from SR9 and we were lucky enough to get a room in the second building a few hundred feet behind the main building. Traffic noise was not an issue being back in the second building. Only noise from a new building being constructed right in front of the main building. Most of the time we were away touring Boston or Salem and not in our room anyways.

As I expected for a room in this price range, no breakfast is included. Just free coffee in the main lobby. I paid extra for a deluxe room with a mini fridge and microwave and Im glad I did. It was nice having a Wendys right down the road within walking distance. Our beds were made every day which was nice. The mattresses are harder than I am used to and I did have a mild sore back. Hotel beds are never as nice as your own bed unless you stay at Embassy Suites or other more expensive hotel. Nevertheless, this place was cheaper and served its purpose well.

One nice thing is that Boston Tours will drive their bus to this Red Roof Inn and pick up customers. The tours are $52 per adult and $16 for kids 12-16. It was nice having someone else stress out with driving thru downtown Boston. We drove thru Harvard University and visited a lot of historic sites like Bunker Hill Monument (294 steps to the top and your legs will feel it !) We stopped for lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and it was an enjoyable tour. Our bus driver was hilarious and laughed at how we pronounce "art" compared to the locals.

Overall this is a good budget motel and is in a nice area, not seedy or questionable like other motels weve stayed at. We dont have toll roads in Michigan but I became familiar with them driving thru New York and Massachusetts. I probably paid $50 in tolls during our entire trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back building to be farther away from the main road for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank beachbum40w
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. We work very hard to provide excellent value with even better service. The staff here takes great pride in their work each day and it shows. We are located outside of Boston but as you said with easy access to the city as well. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to this fall when we will undergo a renovation to update our rooms. Please come back and see us after the renovation, I feel we will be adding even more value to our already great property with this update.

Thank you again for taking the time to review The Red Roof Inn in Southborough, I will share your comments with the entire staff.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed 3 days in this hotel, everything was ok except check-in and wi-fi connection. Those who work frm home try to avoid this hotel. It was hard to open a single google page. And Most worst situation was even with prior booking I waited for 2 hrs to check in. Reached hotel at 11:00 AM but the frnt desk people told to wait till 1:00pm to check-in and giving some bla bla reasons. I know the check-in time is 1:00 pm but with less traffic I reached hotel early.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hemanth K

I first want to apologize that our Wi-Fi was not working properly. We did have some issues for about a week, we did get those resolved and it seems that we are running faster and have much less problems with our guests getting and staying on line. I am very sorry that you encountered an issue while you were here.
We always try to accommodate early check ins if it is at all possible. Check out is at 12 noon, so if we are sold out the night before, our overnight guests have until 12 noon to check out, it can be hard to confirm an early arrival. Again we always try to do our very best and allow early check ins when we can. I hope that you would consider our property in the future. We are scheduled for a renovation in the fall and will have a much more modern and updated look to our rooms.
Thank you for your review of our property we can only get better if you tell us what needs to be improved upon. The staff and I read every review and work to improve based on your feedback.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Very friendly check in. They let me use a coupon even though I had a reservation. Room was clean but small. Would upgrade to super king next time. Rooms were quiet and comfortable. Pillows were very big and hard. Bring your own if you like soft pillows.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leanne B
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for posting about your great stay with us on TripAdvisor! I have shared your comments with the staff and they are happy to see you had a great stay. We love feedback from our guests, so thank you very much.

Hilary Easter

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southborough
Westborough Inn
Westborough Inn
#3 of 9 in Westborough
Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham
Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Westborough

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester? Share your experiences!