“Best bang for your buck in this area”

Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southborough
Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
“Best bang for your buck in this area”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Just the facts about this motel, no unnecessary stuff here. Very comfortable bedding with a nice solid pillow. Clean room with great hot water pressure, curved shower curtain rod, perfect computer desk built into the dresser. Wifi signal could be stronger, this might be my only issue. Separate vanity outside of bath works great with two people getting ready in the morning or evening. Great coffee in the lobby in the morning and free USA TODAY also there. Seems to be in a very safe area; not in a run-down area. Maid service makes sure you get all the toiletries you need every day. Stayed here for five nights for business. Would definitely stay here again if in this area. Park your car right outside your door, which is nice for packing/unpacking. We also had a small fridge and microwave in room, which we utilized.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
13 Thank Oceanside777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Danvers, MA
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I know if you travel frequently, you arrive at a hotel early and your room may not be ready. I drive a night and this happens to me often, especially if you are checking in before check out time for the previous day's guests. This has NEVER happened to me in Southborough. This stay, the room that I had reserved wasn't ready, so Jenna upgraded me to the Red Roof Plus that has breakfast and a snack ready in your room. I was settled in my room and sound asleep an hour before the previous day's travelers had checked out of thier rooms. Red Roof's checkout time is noon, which is very rare. Most hotel's are 11:00 and the extra hour in the morning is worth it's weight in gold. If I am within 50 miles of Red Roof Southborough, I always make the extra drive and stay here.

Room Tip: back side of the back building - very quiet, a good distance from any thoroughfare
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
19 Thank KPurcell
Montreal
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This motel looks like any other cheap one: not inviting at all from outside. But in fact the room was clean and well maintained. I think it is a decent value for the price you pay. The front desk gave me the keycard of a room which was already occupied. They did fix this problem promptly. All in all, I give it 3/5 rating.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sonicwithtails
Rancho Santa Margarita
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed in Red Roof inn many years ago when they did not have free internet. They were contracting with T-Mobile.

i was looking for cheap but convenient place to stay one night and i found this location.

I had very good experience here.

* Staff was very friendly.
* Rooms was clean. i had room with no coffee m/c. I realized that they have different price for the room with coffee m/c. That as not biggie.
* It is conveniently located from many good restaurents. so for dinner, with 2-3 miles, you can find good restaurent.
* internet connection was easy to find and speed was reasonable for business quality work.

I would recommend this place for business people, specially owners of small businesses where we need to control budget but still need business quality and safe stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank Yatri006
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2011

On vacation in New England, we didn't know where we'd be on a particular night, therefore hadn't made a reservation near Boston when we got there. We called 13 hotels having no rooms available near where we needed to be and finally got the very last room in this Red Roof Inn in Southborough, MA. Unfortunately, it was a smoking room. We don't smoke. We got there after dark, unloaded the luggage into a room that smelled of a never-cleaned ashtray. The beds were fine and the place was relatively convenient to roads we needed (MA Turnpike and I-495 as well as the Turnpike Rd East and West.

The shower had black mold on the ceiling. I awoke in the morning to a large unidentifiable spider in my bed. When we reloaded the car we saw used condoms, bar soap and soda cans thrown on the ground by other guests but not picked up by the staff of the hotel. I informed the front desk as we departed. I now know Red Roof Inns can be as atrocious as Motel 6 and Super 8 due to their low price attracting LOW- and NO-Class guests who have no consideration for others and a staff who are poorly trained.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel unless you fit the profile above. Period.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BWA46
Delhi, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Overall, this wasn't a bad stay.

A couple of us came to the area for a major disc golf tournament and stayed here based on price and that it wasn't too far from the course. It was quick to check in, quick to check out and easy to get to, for the most part. It's right off a major highway, too, which is a nice thing.

Now for the goods and the bads.

The good...

Price. I had a special rate being a Red Roof rewards member and it was my birthday month, so they had given me a code. Even without it, though, the rates were strong as we had originally booked with a AAA rate.

It was quite easy to get to, though coming from one direction on Rt. 9 makes you go past the hotel and swing around because of a median. No biggie. The hotel is two buildings. Everything was pretty quiet and clean. I never felt unsafe here. The room wasn't bad and it was, again, clean, which is what I really look for.

The shower pressure was pretty good, though the bathroom is quite small. The television was good and it got a decent amount of stations, including two HBOs. The wi-fi signal was also pretty strong, even in the second building, which is where we stayed. The AC worked well (thankfully as it was a hot weekend!) and we got all our wake-up calls, which was also welcomed.

The bads...

The beds. I realized beds have different firmness, but the beds we had were very firm. It was hard to get comfortable and in the morning I woke up with back pain because of how stiff things were.

Again, the bathroom size. But a lot of smaller motels seem to have this issue. It had a toilet and shower. The sink was outside the bathroom. It worked though and it was clean, so no issues. The towels weren't too great as it seems like it's nearly time to invest in new ones.

Overall, the value was strong and I'd stay here again. If I came back for this same tournament, I'd likely try and stay closer as 18 miles doesn't always mean a 15-minute trip or so! But if I was swinging through here and needed a place to crash for a night or two, I'd consider it. I would just hope for a more comfortable bed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank softball29
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Okay, not great. Would have preferred a hotel in which you have to go through the lobby to get to your room (like the Motel 6 in Westborough, where I stayed a few weeks earlier). All doors open directly to the outside. On the other hand, unlike the Motel 6, this is set back from Route 9 and does not have cars whizzing by in front. Also, unlike the Motel 6, no exercise room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank hushaphone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southborough
Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough
Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Computer Dr.
Westborough Inn
Westborough Inn
#3 of 9 in Westborough
Residence Inn Boston Westborough

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester? Share your experiences!