“A wonderful time was had by all.”

Opa-Opa Steakhouse & Brewery
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2014

After Westfield State University's Spring dance recital, Saturday, 3/22/14, my daughter wanted to go out with family and friends. She suggested Opa Opa, made reservations for 11, and we all met there. We were promptly seated, and our server, Lesley, took drink orders as our group arrived over the course of a few minutes. We had 4 people from one family, and the 7 from ours, all socializing while our orders were taken with accuracy and speed. The 12 oz prime rib dinner was cooked perfectly, served with bread, salad, and a baked potato. Others got burgers, a bloomin onion, pasta dishes like chicken broccoli, and even a BLT, all generous portions, at a great price. Lesley sincerely asked how things were, and attentively refilled glasses and bread. Other diners were celebrating birthdays (and getting it announced), a young couple sang country music live near the bar, the place was huge and bustling. Most people left with doggie bags. We had a wonderful time.

There are newer reviews for Opa-Opa Steakhouse & Brewery

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Our last experience at Opa-Opa was lackluster at best, but we decided to give it another go.

The hostess told us there was a 15-20 minute wait, (even though the place was half empty) but suggested we could sit at a bar table.

We sat there for about 15 minutes, the waitress passed us at least 5 times with not even an acknowledgement. We finally just got up and left. It's unlikely that we would return. If the food isn't good and the service is lousy, why bother?

1  Thank GoneAwayRemington
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had a yen for Seafood, so I ordered the Baked Seafood Casserole; how the chef got the two Baked Stuffed Shrimp way overdone and the 3 scallops under cooked is beyond me. Typical stuffing on the shrimp is bread crumbs, butter, seasonings and maybe chopped seafood; Opa-Opa produced a version that tasted like "bad fishy"..know what I mean? Those two poor shrimp were more like overdone strings. The piece of scrod was small but ok. The soup, bread and watermelon beer were great.
My advice is to stick with the steak.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was probably my fifth time here over several years time. Every time it is just as delicious. The beer choices are Phenominal- many Breweries offer a few choices but the list here is extensive. I recommend a sampler so you can experience the variety. I had prime rib for dinner and it was absolutely Delicious as expected . Definitely recommend a stop here when your in the area.

1  Thank littleskunk2
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have had better steaks at a chain.I think they are more concerned with the beer then there food. I live in town and don't go i wish the food was better.

2  Thank Lynn W