“Excellent steaks and brews”

Opa-Opa Steakhouse & Brewery
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is the best steak in a mid west coral set up ever. Period. There are classy restaurants and great steaks in any big city restuarant but for a casual atmosphere and an over sized portion with down right hearty tender and tasty steaks, look no further. They are a micro brew too, and although they have a limited selection the beer they have is blue ribbon. I ordered the sirloin (they were out of the porter house --bummer) and is was tender. A melt in your mouth experience. The bloomin onion was large and grilled to perfection. The calm chouder was excellent and by the time my wife and I were done, we were stuffed little piggies! Enjoy the beer and the food and visit often, no meal is bad!

There are newer reviews for Opa-Opa Steakhouse & Brewery

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Food was very good and healthy portions. It was my husband's birthday and they brought him a surprise. Fun atmosphere with great beer and food. Worth the trip from northern CT.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I can't speak for other reviewers, but the times I have been to Opa Opa have never been anything but great. I do recommend making reservations for busy nights to avoid waiting. We had reservations for 7pm on a Saturday as a group of six and were seated right away in a spacious corner booth. Our server was prompt and very patient with our group, answering all of our questions and filling special diet requests no problem. We were given fresh baked molasses bread with a whipped rosemary butter while we waited for dinner. The bread was delicious and still warm from the oven:) The whipped butter was also awesome. Our food came out quickly and exactly as we ordered. I got the house coco salad with steak. My steak was a perfect medium rare (as I requested) and very tender and the salad veggies were crisp and flavorful. The other people in my group, including some picky eaters, also liked their food. The portions were huge, so I ended up taking quite a bit of my dinner home.
The decor is definitely rustic, but I don't mind the more casual atmosphere compared to other steakhouses. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Not sure about the negative reviews of this place because I had a fantastic meal and experience here. I recently ate at Opa Opa on a Saturday night. We made reservations because we were a party of six and they had a nice big circular booth waiting for us when we arrived. Our server was very friendly and attentive and came to our table often during our meal to check on how are steaks were cooked, if we were enjoying our food, and if we needed more drinks. We were seated, ordered, and ate all in an hour.

The menu has a ton of choices and the items are written in "western lingo". I had the tendefoot filet...a perfectly cooked medium rare filet that was covered in a rich mushroom bordelaise sauce. Not sure why they gave me a steak knife, because I sure didn't need it...this filet was so tender you could pretty much cut it with your fork. Absolutely juicy and delicious. It came with seasonal veggies and a starch. I don't really eat potatoes much and asked for a double portion of veggies. The veggies were carrots, zucchini, and summer squash. They were crisp, completely fresh, and well-seasoned. I selected a salad to go with my entree, soup is also an option. Salad was fresh, crisp, and very good. They served an amazing, fresh out of the oven, warm, soft, molasses round bread that comes to your table before the meal with whipped rosemary butter to spread on it. I try to skip bread at restaurants, but it smelled and looked so good that I could not resist. I was happy to eat a slice and had to restrain myself from eating more.

I liked the atmosphere...lots of western motif everywhere...saddles, boots, lasso's, antler light fixtures, etc. There were lots of snapshots on the wall of people celebrating their birthday. I guess you get to sit on a saddle and wear a hat if you are there celebrating your big day and it is captured in a photo that goes on the wall. That's kinda cool.

I didn't get to sample any of their brew, but it looks like they have plenty to choose from. The brewery is attached to the restaurant, which is unusual to see. I will be most happy to come back to this restaurant soon. The one negative that I experienced was the bathroom...it needs some updating, it felt like the heat was on (it was close to 90 outside), and it could have been a little cleaner.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Food was good, staff were really friendly, but I'd seen the beer all over the Valley so went out of my way to try it out: Really bad. Oh well, at least I liked the restaurant. I'd go there again.