All reviews red jacket ocean front boat bar cape cod beautiful beach blue water outdoor pool we stayed in an ocean view chairs and umbrellas sister properties families with kids screen door mini golf off season hot tub great for kids labor day
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2018

My husband and I wanted to go to Cape Cod to relax for a few days. We couldn't decide where to stay so we decided to go to the Cape without making hotel reservations. It's off season so we felt confident that we would have a lot of options once we arrived. A friend of ours suggested we check out the Riviera Beach Resort. He had stayed there a few weeks earlier and had nothing but good things to say about so we added it to our list of options. We checked out about 4 other hotels before we made our way to the Riviera Beach Resort. The woman at the front desk was a sweetheart. I feel awful that I didn't write her name down because I'd love to make sure that management knows that she is a big reason that we decided to stay at the Riviera Beach Resort. I know her name began with the letter D and it ended with an ae. We were so impressed when we found all of the resort employees that we encountered were just as pleasant, considerate and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The woman that cleaned our room was so polite and considerate. The resort has a private beach that was immaculate. There was a young man that helped us with out lounge chairs and umbrella on the beach. The resort thought of everything. We didn't take advantage of the free breakfast that came with our room so I can't comment on that. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for a great place to stay on the Cape.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ChrisM13678, Guest Relations Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete the great review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay - and good for you for getting away and treating yourself!

We are so happy to hear you had such a positive experience with our front desk and housekeeping crew. Our entire team works very hard to make sure our guests have the best possible experience and it's nice to know that our guests notice.

Thanks again for the kind words and have a great fall. We look forward to welcoming you back soon - there is nothing quite like the beach to help you relax and unwind.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Had an ocean front room, the view was beautiful the beach immaculate but the room not so much. There was used soap at the sink and the bathroom was dirty. Beds were comfortable but the room was not as clean as it should be, a little worn out.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ChrisM13678, General Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

I sincerely apologize that you were less than happy with the housekeeping for your room .We pride ourselves on excellent service and it is very disappointing to hear that we fell short for you. We will bring your comments to our entire team and reemphasize the importance of doing our best every day for every guest.

I hope that this did not mar your overall vacation with us and hope that if you come back to the Cape, that you will consider us and allow us the chance to make things better the next time.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I have been staying at one of the three resorts that is part of the Riviera for 35 years (same week every year). I accidentally booked the wrong one and was not going to be able to stay with my family. (35 people)
Alex, Dezirae and Moyvette did everything they could for me. They worked on changing me to something great! I know it was not easy for them but an hour later my family was set up in two room because they did not have any large suites available. They were able to get me a good rate. The customer service I received was the best I have seen in all the time I have stayed at the resorts. Mind you it has always been good! Thank you ladies - you managers and the resort are lucky to have all if you.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

So very happy to read your wonderful review. We are very proud of all of our staff members and appreciate you pointing out the members that took a difficult situation and turned it into to a positive outcome. Customer service is talked about quite a bit, we enjoy providing it to our guests at every possible opportunity we can during a their stay with us.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely one of the best places to stay in South Yarmouth!!! Family had a wonderful time,views were amazing from most rooms, breakfast was phenomenal and staff was more than courteous and helpful. Amenities were more than adequate to keep kids busy and happy and rooms were clean,large, and updated. Beach was large,very clean, and they provided lounge chairs, towels, and even a sandbox for the kids. Two
Heated pools -one outdoors and one indoors- were beautiful and heated. Splash pad attached to outdoor pool was a huge bonus for the little ones. Can't wait to go back again!!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write great review of our hotel! Thank you especially for the kind words about our team - they love what they do and work tirelessly to make every everything perfect for our guest.
We want to be your amazing family-friendly vacation spot for many years to come.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

For years this motel and most Red Jacket Inns and attached groups used to be top of the line but not anymore!!! The quality of the rooms and upkeep has gone way down and they seem to be banking everything on location rather than nice rooms, good food and clean well kept rooms!! Our room had stained rugs, grimy furniture to the touch (needed to be dusted or use some pledge once in awhile), shower ceiling was water stained and plaster was chipping away with mold not to far behind...just a mess!!! The private beach, pools were great and the Cabana and food a bit pricey but nice but the restaurant and buffet was horrible!! Imitation Eggs with most food served was micro-waved at a cost of $12.95!!!! The Cape has changed dramatically over the years but the quality has gone down instead of up, its to bad it used to be our favorite motel.....

Room tip: Great location but quality not so good...
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank markcH2715QV

. We deeply appreciate our repeat guests and assure you that we never take for granted that you will return to stay with us year after year. Thank you for entrusting your valuable family time to us in the past.

I apologize for the issues and deficiencies you encountered in your room. We appreciate the feedback on the updates/improvements needed and we are listening. One of the challenges of maintaining "mature properties" is the almost constant attention needed in order to keep them ship shape. While there are capital infusions each season, sometimes they are not always outward facing updates that guests can see. Please know that we are constantly striving to do all that we can to improve our resort and hope to do more this upcoming off-season. We greatly appreciate your constructive feedback as it helps to point out where we can do a better job. Your remarks have been duly noted and will absolutely reviewed by management and the owners to see what we can improve on for next year.

We are also looking closely at what we can do to increase the value for our guests and how we can improve so that you feel like you are getting the most from your vacation dollars. It's a difficult balance and I realize that these answers do not make up for an unhappy stay. If you do decide to come back and stay with us again, please feel free contact me directly so that I can handle your reservation personally. We would love the chance to win your trust back.