This is our third year staying at one of the Red Jacket Resorts. We previously stayed at the Red Jacket Beach Resort down the road, but they were booked this year. The beach was very convenient; they had people who would set up umbrellas and chairs for you for free. The water was very cold and filled with seaweed, but that is not the fault of the resort. What is their fault, is the fact that the pool was freezing, even in mid August, when the outdoor temperature was 80 degrees. Also, there were not enough umbrellas around the pool, so people would stand guard at the gate, waiting for the 9am opening and put towels down at the 5 umbrellas that were there, and walk away. When I asked an employee to get me an umbrella from the beach, (there were many) he said he could not do that. Sorry, but that was unacceptable. Having skin cancer, and seeing all these young children around the pool, just baking in the sun, was very concerning. It would be nice if they could build a sun deck covering over one side, or at the very least, provide more umbrellas. Another problem I had, was the fact that they do not supply coffee makers in the room. Any hotel you go to today, supplies that. They said you could get free coffee in the office, but, who wants to go outside, when you first wake up and want that 1st cup of coffee? Two out of the 4 times I did go, they were out, waiting to refill the containers. The rooms were acceptable; bathrooms could use some updating - grout was moldy and cracked in spots. The beds were doubles, not queen size, which made for a very uncomfortable sleep, especially if you are used to king! Food by the pool was convenient, but after one or two days of the very limited menu, it got boring, and wasn't very healthy. Drinks were very expensive. One thing I might add would be more activities poolside - perhaps a water aerobics class during the day? Overall, after going 3 years, we have had enough and will not return, and for the price that you pay, I would have expected more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An Oceanfront Favorite among Cape Cod resorts. The Riviera Beach Resort offers the perfect setting for memorable family vacations and romantic getaways for two. Our resort boasts 125 charming guest rooms including newly renovated Poolside and Ocean View locations. Relax and enjoy our beautiful private ocean beach, heated indoor and outdoor pools, whirlpool, restaurant, lounge, seasonal water sports, fully supervised Kids' Klub, Spa at Red Jacket Beach Resort, Blue Rock Golf Course, and fun summertime family activities. Our heated interactive, zero entry outdoor pool is designed for families with young and small children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riviera Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Beach Resort - Bass River Hotel South Yarmouth
- Riviera Beach Resort Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA