What a waste! This hotel has a great location right next to a great beach, but it's potential is not utilized. Where's that smile and happy greeting from the staff you expect from a well-run hotel? There's lots of staff, but they don't seem to do anything. When we checked in, we were received by a little grumpy staff member and we had to drag all (which wasn't much) information out of her. We even told her that this was our first visit to Cape Cod EVER. Had expected a much more proactive effort.
She have no info on the three locations where you can use the facilities or details on how to use the beach (towels etc.). Same repeated every time we had contact with the staff. At another time, three staff members were in the reception in the morning, no-one said goodmorning..
We stayed two adults+two children in one room and housekeeping never discovered that two bottles of shampoo isn't enough.
Our room was spacious, but TV is an very old model with poor signal quality, frige was rusten and smelled. Aircon was noisy. We also missed a coffee machine as the system with coffee at the reception was very confusing. It disappears in the afternoon so you have to go to the hotel next door to get it! But the mini-market wasn't always open at the time you wan't coffee. Apparently that staff was confused as well, as they couldn't explain how the system should work. I clearly expect a coffee machine in the room at this rate!
Staff at the beach was not consisitent either. Sometimes you couldn't get a towel as no-one was there to hand it out (We took some ourselves after waiting 15 minutes!). Only one of the days, did the staff go around at the beach and ask for drinks/food.
Only one day, we got help with sunbeds & umbrella at the beach. Again poor consistency.
It's too bad that the management of this hotel are neglecting, it as it as huge potential, but right now it's dying. Step it up and you can have a perl!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An Oceanfront Favorite among Cape Cod resorts. The Riviera Beach Resort offers the perfect setting for memorable family vacations and romantic getaways for two. Our resort boasts 125 charming guest rooms including newly renovated Poolside and Ocean View locations. Relax and enjoy our beautiful private ocean beach, heated indoor and outdoor pools, whirlpool, restaurant, lounge, seasonal water sports, fully supervised Kids' Klub, Spa at Red Jacket Beach Resort, Blue Rock Golf Course, and fun summertime family activities. Our heated interactive, zero entry outdoor pool is designed for families with young and small children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Riviera Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Beach Resort - Bass River Hotel South Yarmouth
- Riviera Beach Resort Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA