Bottom Line: Beautiful and convenient location with many activities for kids.
Tip: Don't stay on the first floor. Try and get one of the refurbished rooms. Be mindful of the resort fees and taxes as that increases the price quite a bit.
We stayed here two years ago and had an incredible time so we didn't hesitate to stay here again. Due to poor planning, we ended up booking 2 nights but booked an additional night a short while later. Because of this, we could not stay the full 3 days in one room but had to spend the last night in a room with one king bed. We checked in at 3pm on a Monday in a room next door to the one we stayed in 2 yrs ago #261. The room was second floor oceanfront and looked exactly how it did 2 yrs ago....a little dated but clean and the a/c was quite noisy. We spent the next 2 days enjoying the pools and beach and my daughter did the kite making activity and had lots of fun. When we had to change rooms, the woman at the front desk (Cait?) was incredibly helpful and made the transition very easy for us. We checked in to our new room #120 on the first floor on the opposite side of the property. This room was obviously newer in every way and except for the king bed and first floor location, it was better. We walked out on to a patio that was right next to the volleyball area on the beach.
1) My biggest complaint is the mis-use of the property by people other than hotel guests. On the day we checked in, I had to wait about 30 minutes before I could park our car and that was only because a hotel employee saw me waiting and pulled out of a space so I could park. During our stay, I noticed at least 3-5 cars each day that was parked at the hotel with no parking permit...this is unacceptable. Also to note, we noticed many people around the resort without resort bracelets. I'm sure most just didn't want to wear them but I would bet many were not guests of the hotel. In fact, during our stay in the new room, we noticed at least 10 different people crossing over from the time share next door with towels and chairs using the beach and pool. Really?
2) The noise level in the room we stayed in on the first floor was unacceptable. We were woken up by children running around above us at 5am. It sounded like the ceiling was a half inch thick and made of cardboard. For the price we paid for that room, we deserved better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An Oceanfront Favorite among Cape Cod resorts. The Riviera Beach Resort offers the perfect setting for memorable family vacations and romantic getaways for two. Our resort boasts 125 charming guest rooms including newly renovated Poolside and Ocean View locations. Relax and enjoy our beautiful private ocean beach, heated indoor and outdoor pools, whirlpool, restaurant, lounge, seasonal water sports, fully supervised Kids' Klub, Spa at Red Jacket Beach Resort, Blue Rock Golf Course, and fun summertime family activities. Our heated interactive, zero entry outdoor pool is designed for families with young and small children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelPower, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Riviera Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Beach Resort - Bass River Hotel South Yarmouth
- Riviera Beach Resort Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA