All reviews red jacket indoor pool a river view room cape cod kids club breakfast buffet outdoor grill ocean front beach staff family room beach chairs kids activities location is beautiful daily activities on site restaurant family vacation young kids
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The location of the Red Jacket is stunning. There is an infinity pool that is located right in front of the ocean. Many of the rooms face the pool and the ocean and have a lovely patio to enjoy the view.
We enjoyed the wedding ceremony on the beach and the cocktail hour was in a tent by the pool. After the hour was up, we were ushered to the ballroom where the reception took place. It was lovely inside and the food was great. The staff involved could not have been more accommodating. Special arrangements were made to assist our elderly mother and aunt. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Red Jacket and would certainly return again.

Room tip: I would absolutely request a water front room!
Date of stay: September 2019
hollieh219, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Carolyn S,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Red Jacket Beach Resort.
We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit and that the wedding you attended was well executed.
It is truly through our guest comments we receive our best feedback.

We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a pleasant stay all except that the hotel was hosting a business seminar in the tent all you could hear was the speakers YELLING, it felt like a gospel meeting and this was day & night. Very disappointing that we were not able to enjoy the fire pit and outdoor lounge area at night because it was monopolized by the people from the seminar and they were loud and rowdy, they could care less about the paying guests staying at the hotel, beach chairs were NOT set out each day you had to do it yourself, and due to the storm the week before the beach had a great deal of seaweed and dead horseshoe crabs littering the beach. On a positive note the staff was excellent and always very pleasant. I don’t know if we would stay there again it was expensive $$$$$$$$

Room tip: It was disappointing that the spa was not open during our visit

Dear Janice C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at Red Jacket Beach Resort. We appreciate your kind words about our team members. I apologize that you were not able to enjoy the fire pit. Perhaps we can arrange a return visit at a time of year that you are able to take advantage of it.

Feel free to reach out to me personally and I will handle your accmendations.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I do not typically get the urge to write a review but this time I had to. I had the pleasure of hosting my company's National Sales Meeting at The Red Jacket in late August and it was Sensational!!! The staff was incredibly professional, friendly and very accommodating. The conference room set up and equipment was first rate. The food and cocktails exceeded all of our expectations (especially the Lobster in the Rough - Amazing!). We loved the outdoor Pavilion and live entertainment. Beach volleyball and corn hole was a blast! I highly recommend this resort for business and pleasure. We have had national sales meetings in NJ, NY, FL and CA and by far, this was The Best!!!

Thank you Red Jacket Crew for making our stay Five Star ***** Special Thanks to GM, Hollie Handrahan and F&B Director, Karen Rood for Everything!!!

Room tip: River View and Ocean View Rooms are Exceptional!
Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
hollieh219, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Brian,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled you and your colleagues enjoyed the property.

I will certainly pass on your comments to all our team members. Your group was a pleasure to have and we hope when your meeting is again hosted on Cape Cod, you will choose Red Jacket Beach Resort.

We sincerely thank you for your business and look forward to your return.

Best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The rooms were outdated. For the price I expected much more. Didn't realize so many kids go here. Not a place for a couple to go for peace and quiet. Most things geared toward kids. The drinks were costly at the beach bar and not that great. Poor beer choices. Not worth the money.

Date of stay: August 2019

Dear Linda,

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at Red Jacket Beach Resort.
In the summer months we do mostly cater to families and have a lot of children's activities. Perhaps a fall visit may be more suitable for you as historically the weather is beautiful and that is when we have less families and more couples staying with us. I will pass on your comments to our Food and Beverage team regarding the choices of beer and pricing. If you have any suggestions we are happy to hear them.
You can reach out to me personally. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you!

hhandrahan@redjacketbeach.com

Reviewed September 6, 2019

Stayed at the Red Jacket resort with a group tour, we were upgraded to this resort from the Blue Water Resort. Thought being upgraded meant that we would stay at a fairly new or updated hotel, wasn't the case, the hotel is more like a Super 8. Rooms: Needs major updating, old decor, not very clean, cobwebs in corners, lamps were dusty, carpet was damp and musty smell, wallpaper coming off wall, the shower was a major issue the whole 3 days I took a shower never had one with continuous hot water, always getting intermittent bursts of cold water, drain in tub overflowed and didn't drain properly, doors were stiff to close, the only positive about the room, it had a nice deck with view of the ocean. Facility/amenities: The facilities were nice, indoor pool and nice outdoor pool, bar and dining room, a nice fire pit by the beach. The grounds were very nice and clean. The only negatives is that the hallways to the rooms also need major updating, there's no air circulation very humid and musty, the beach wasn't very clean lots of weeds and an abundance of dead horseshoe crabs along the shore.Staff: The staff were very friendly and helpful, made sure that we felt welcomed, the food was good. Conclusion: If you don't mind Super 8 budget type motels then this should be okay for you, if you prefer newer accomodations I would reccommend that you stay elsewhere but may not get an ocean view espcecially the newer hotel properties in Hyannis. In my case it's not a place I would return.

Date of stay: September 2019
hollieh219, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2019

Dear JacquesB,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback regarding your stay at Red Jacket Beach Resort.
Although I would disagree that we are comparable to a Super 8, I do understand that there are some challenges to being in a more mature property. I apologize that you occurred some issues with the hot water and rest assure I will follow up with our maintence staff. However it is great to hear that you a positive experience with our team members. We strive to provide the highest levels of customer service and truly want all guests to feel comfortable.
We have made extra efforts these past weeks to continue to clean the beach on a daily basis. Especially with the serious storm surges lately. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business.