All reviews red jacket indoor pool a river view room cape cod kids club breakfast buffet ocean front family room private beach location is beautiful kids activities daily activities chairs and umbrellas on site restaurant young kids family vacation oceanfront room
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2016

We stayed in an ocean front room , the view out the sliding glass doors is breathtaking, patio then white sand beach, ending with the ocean. A lot of activity on the beach, Boats of all types going by , Para sailing , Jet skies , it's fun just too enjoy the view, The resort staff is very friendly and everything is well maintained, the room we stayed in was clean and very comfortable, the bed was very comfortable. The restaurant at the end of the building we stayed in had a breakfast buffet, it was very good . The night before we left kicked off the South Yarmouth Festival, they had a beautiful Fireworks, , it was just down the beach from the resort, we sat out in front of our room and really enjoyed it. So if your looking for a great place too stay I would highly recommend it.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank russ630
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

My family and I spent three nights at The Red Jacket Resort and had a fantastic time. The daily activities helped to fill down time. Scheduled events such as trivia night, s'more making, and even a zoo animal presentation helped us spend quality time together. My teenage daughter, who can be quite difficult to please, had a great time!

The room was very nice in comparison to other hotels we have stayed at on the Cape and the balcony was a great place to sit in the evening. The price is comparable to other similar properties in the area and in my opinion worth the cost. If you plan ahead you can find online deals to help cut the cost.

I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet the room was considering the fact that there were two pools outside filled with children. I couldn't even hear the nightly band playing when the sliding glass door was closed. The landscaping also needs to be applauded. It was gorgeous and I couldn't find one weed!

There is something to be said about staying at a hotel where they hand you fresh towels for the beach and set up chairs and an umbrella at a moment's notice. I have stayed at other resorts along the east coast and have never had the service that is offered at The Red Jacket Resort. Most other resorts charge you for chairs and have no towel service.

Unfortunately, we did not have a chance to eat at the restaurant on premise due to visiting some of our favorite places in town. We did order drinks at the beach from a friendly waitress. They were delivered quickly, reasonably priced, and easily added to our room tab. Again, this is a service that is hard to find at other places.

I plan on returning to this resort every time I visit the Cape for many years to come. Kudos to the staff and I thank them for helping us create a wonderful family vacation!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Kristin W
Reviewed June 28, 2016

We recently stayed at the beach resort in a "riverside" room. After reading some of the reviews, was a little leery going here, but I'm glad we did.

room: well appointed, roomy and super comfortable beds. Infinitely nicer than our recent stay at a Disney property! Balcony overlooking the river was roomy and the views were pretty.

pool: loved the outdoor pool set up with the glass wind barrier enclosure. plenty of chairs/loungers.

beach: beach chair/umbrella service included in resort fee (let's face it, that's not "free"). Would've been even better if there were some water sports (like boogie boards or crab/fish nets) included. nice big area so you don't feel like you're on top of others.

food: it was ok. would've liked to see some healthier options at the poolside grill. ice cream novelties for $3 each felt a little steep considering you can hop in your car and drive to creameries and get the real thing for the same price. breakfast buffet was really plentiful.

kids programs: enjoyed the animal encounter in the pavilion. didn't do the other ones.

staff: yes they are nice. would've been good had the guys working the towel/pool/beach area were trained in the layout of the place. I asked where the pavilion was. The answer: oh, I just started working here and have no idea. seems that should be day 1 of training.

location: easy drive to Dennis if you want to get off property for some really good food.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank ChristineM281
Reviewed June 24, 2016

I've reviewed this hotel once already but after just returning from a 4 day stay I felt it fair to re-review. I'm happy to report I noticed much needed improvements! At checkin I was asked if I needed help and a nice fellow drove a golf cart to my car, loaded all my luggage and myself into the cart and brought me to my room, saving me 2 or 3 trips to the car. The free wifi is MUCH improved and they now have a pub that serves lunch and dinner until 9:00 pm! We ordered dinner and brought it to the room and ate in front of the beautiful view of the Palmer River. On the beach they have service to help with free chairs and umbrellas!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed June 23, 2016

I recently stayed here this past weekend for a few days. The beach and views were wonderful!The room for the price is very dated and I would expect more for what I am paying. The look is old and has some wear. The bed was terrible, I felt like my body was sinking to the floor, after the first night I woke up with a terrible headache from the pillows. Also the shower head was the worst thing ever, the pressure was so strong I had welts on me when I got out. The grounds, the pools, breakfast areas are pleasant, but I would not stay here for a week. Also the wi-fi was not that great, even thought they claimed they had hot-spots everywhere, I had a very hard time loading anything.

Room tip: Any room with a beach view will be much more, than a non beach view
  • Trip type: Traveled with family