I love the Red Jacket in NH, and expected the same quality here, but did not find it. The rooms were fairly expensive for the off-season, and definitely did not warrant the high prices. The room was straight from 1980, including velour blankets (cigarette hole included), smelly bed spreads, a gigantic TV, and a really loud refrigerator. It just felt extremely worn and old, and just not clean. The beds were OK, beyond the disgusting blankets.
The bathroom was borderline disgusting. The only redeeming feature was the great water pressure in the shower. However, after taking a shower, I realized there was dark mold growing on the ceiling behind the door - how did someone miss that?? Also, we didn't have any problems with the plumbing, but our friends in a different room said their shower didn't drain.
The hotel is right on the beach, which was nice, and has a restaurant on site. The outdoor pool looked nice (although smaller than advertised) but we didn't use it. It's in a good location for getting around the Cape, but I wouldn't stay here again. I know Cape lodging is always overpriced and usually low-quality, but I was really surprised that the Red Jacket would have a property like this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 150 guest rooms and 14 three or four-bedroom villas, the Red Jacket Beach Resort enjoys a fabulous location on 1,000 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound. Recently updated guest rooms are equipped with two queen beds or a king along with porch deck with most offering spectacular views of the ocean. The resort features large indoor and outdoor heated pools, as well as a zero-entry children's pool and Jacuzzi spa. The Kids' Klub, a supervised children's program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, swim instruction, Wii tournaments, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks, and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis to resort guests. In addition, the Red Jacket offers on-site fishing, tennis, beach volleyball, and shuffleboard, with docking facilities available for small boats on Parker's River, which borders the resort. Parasailing and kayaking are available during summer season. Two dozen championship golf courses are situated within a half hour's drive, including our own Blue Rock course, located four miles from the resort. The Red Jacket's dining room serves signature New England cuisine. Guests can pamper themselves in the resort's full service spa. The Red Jacket Beach is also the perfect setting for corporate retreats, reunions, and tour groups, as well as for weddings and special celebrations, and boasts 6,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space. Open from early April until late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Beach Resort And Spa
- Red Jacket Beach Hotel South Yarmouth
- Hotel Red Jacket Beach
- Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA