“Red Jacket Wedding”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Sussex, New Jersey
“Red Jacket Wedding”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Red Jacket Resort - Went to a wedding here and they did a wonderful job. The ceremony was outside on the grass overlooking the water. Cocktails reception was held under a tent on the waster also. Staff was great. Dinner, inside, was very good and the staff was also wonderful. Food was excellent. Beautiful resort for a beautiful wedding....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are known for being Cape Cods premier family resort....but as you know in the Spring and fall we host some of the finest wedding receptions on Cape Cod. We are right on the beach!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Upstate NY
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This is our 4th time here at Red Jacket. The location is perfect, right on the beach, nice and clean. With the pool and activities its a favorite with our kids... 9, 11 and 12.
The rooms are basic, and dated. But we don't come here to stay in the room.
We travel off site for almost all of our meals. They do have a restaurant onsite... as well as outside grill with the basics as well... hotdogs hamburgers...salad. We definitely prefer eating in town. Or bringing your own snacks and P&J sandwiches... no microwave.
The staff have all been nice and helpful.
We usually get connecting rooms, but I was told by the front desk because I requested "adjoining" rooms, this was not the correct "verbage".. so we did not get the connecting rooms. I felt I was being blamed for the mistake, when I've always booked adjoining hotel rooms wherever we've traveled and have never had this problem...
We felt safe allowing our kids to roam the property and beach. They have basketball hoop, shuffleboard, tennis courts and the indoor pool is always a hit.
I would LOVE if they would include a better fitness facility or beach workout class. Morning yoga isn't my thing, and there is a stationary bike and treadmill upstairs in the heated indoor pool house... its very humid and not very welcoming in my mind.

In the end we like it here very much.
We would definitely recommend this hotel for familes...

1 Thank tourtis
Thanks for the family recommendation, We always appreciate our guests comments and look forward in assisting that your next visit is stress free.
Massachusetts
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We are typically not beach people but I wanted to rent a place, for a weekend family get away, that was right on the beach. Just once. While we are still not beach people, I can see how the resort is a great place for families with kids.

The grounds are immaculate and extremely well kept. There are two pools and a number of activities for kids. One frustrating situation was that people would 'stake out' poolside chairs or ocean side chairs - and not show up for a good period of time. This practiced seemed less than desirable and I heard another family commenting on it as well.

The staff is friendly and strives to provide a good customer experience and we only found a small handful of exceptions. With the complimentary yoga and tennis, along with a number of kids activities there is something for everyone and the location - away from busy Rt. 28 is great!

The rooms are basic, I was surprised there were no microwaves. However given where you are, I don't know that it's anticipated you'll be spending a lot of time in your room. I was a little surprised to see a line of untidy rug alongside our bed and the wall. And it was how the person sleeping on that side of the bed was going to get into bed so it was definitely noticeable. Other than that the room was tidy.

Absolutely beautiful location!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool had a balcony and excellent view of the landscaped grounds. I would avoid...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank New_Englander225
We appreciate your comments regarding our wonderfull location along with the recognition of our friendly service oriented staff. We look forward to having you back for a "vacation weekend" again soon.
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

The plus is that it is very family friendly. Your kids can find other kids their age quickly. My son loved the reptile show. It was about 75 when we stayed so the ocean was too cold to swim in. They said they have heated pools but those were too cold to swim in as well. You would think they would have a water slide for the kids but they don't. They also don't have any shop to sell resort like things including nets to go hermit crab catching. You have to drive down the road for anything like that. They told us we had "ocean view" but it was more like pool view and very noisy. River view is much better! The rooms are nothing special in my opinion and having your young kids sleep in the same room meant everyone had to go to sleep at the same time. What makes this place is the kid friendliness. I am sure it would have been slightly better too if it weren't raining and cold while we were there.

1 Thank Mom1206
We wish the weather was a bit better for your short visit...but we are glad the kids had a good time!
W Warwick
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I spent 3 nights there with my girlfriends and we were delighted with wonderful service, a clean, oceanfront room with a lovely private deck, and staff that couldn't do enough for us! It rained for 2 of the days, so we tried the spa and loved the excellent massages in the intimate spa just steps away. We are beach lovers and liked the handy snack bar and super service by Ieva. Their was live music at the beach bar--lovely! I had sprained my ankle and expressed doubt about getting onto the beach---3 minutes later, Martin arrived in a golf cart, took me to the water's edge, and carried me to my lounge--already set up with umbrella and table. The smiling, enthusiastic staff, many from foreign countries, added to the casual vacation vibe. Chris, the manager, aided by concierge and greeters, Jeanette and Mary made this a fantastic trip. Mary told us about spots where the locals dine, just a walk or short ride away. Food was great and more reasonable than the big name restaurants. The" Dragon" helped take luggage to our car. They treated us like we were important. This is a casual, beachfront resort which offers everything, right at the beginning of the Cape, so the drive was shorter. The beach and service makes me want to keep returning and recommending the Red Jacket!!!

Room Tip: If you love the ocean, go for an ocean front room. The unobstructed view is amazing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for recognizing some of our associates who made your getaway special. We always share Trip Advisor reviews with our staff and its special when an employee is noted as making a lasting impression. Your comments are appreciated by all!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

26 of us stayed for a family reunion and everyone had a great time. The staff is so helpful and attentive. The beach was clean and the water warm. The events hosted on site catered to people of all ages, and the events for children had our kids begging to stay longer! While the per evening price was a bit high, this resort was worth it and I highly recommended staying.

• Stayed August 2013
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent extended family vacation here at Red Jacket Beach. We are pleased that we were able to participate in creating lasting memories of your families Cape Cod reunion. We do have many families who over the years have made Red Jacket Beach a tradition and we hope to include yours on that growing list.
Connecticut
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here with my family (husband and 2 kids) and the place has it's pros and cons. I'll start with the cons first:

Cons:
1) the accommodation are a 2-2.5 star quality
2) the rooms are dirty and extremely dusty, they really need to do something about their housekeeping staff because they are AWFUL!!! I have never stayed in a room that was that dusty (you could see the layer of dust on everything) and the rugs were nasty and dirty ... housekeeping came in every morning and made the bed, vacuumed a little and changed out your towels that's it ... there was no wiping down any of the surfaces ... my mirrors had fingers prints all over them (and they weren't from us) , there was a dead bug smashed on the wall that no one cared to clean and remove, the rug in the corner of the rooms was gray from the dust, there was mold on the bathroom ceiling ... it was bad!!

Pros
1) the location is AWESOME! you are right on the beach and a river ... the beach is clean and the sand is soft .. the river is also nice to go catch critters or kayak so overall the location is great
2) they give you beach towels as you head down to the beach, there are beach chairs for you to take once on the beach along with umbrellas (no fees), there's also bar service down on the beach and at the pool
3) there are two pools, one indoors and one outdoors ... both are a decent size and were clean
4) the Kidz Club was great ... they pretty much did the same thing everyday (how many t-shirts can you color) but it gave us a break and the kids did it a few days
5) the activities are great ... you literally don't need to leave the resort they have so much going on during the day which was fun such as crab races, bonfires, magic shows, science shows, watercolor painting, etc.
6) it is definitely a family resort, I would not recommend it to people without kids
7) they had a grill by the pool to grab lunch and it was reasonably priced
8) ate at the restaurant once, didn't care for the food quality but it's on the premises in case you don't want to drive anywhere (lots of places to eat nearby but traffic on 28 can get heavy).
9) along the river kayaks are for rent ($40 per kayak) and jetskis ($115) and you could parasail, it all was very convenient

This place has so much potential and they really need to clean the rooms and make them nicer. At a price tag of $300+ a room (with two queen beds) a night I expected a lot more. I would love to return next year but I'm turned off by the rooms. The worse room I have every stayed in.

Also, beware that I booked my room via Travelocity and there was a mix up upon checking. Since we are a family of 4, I booked a room with 2 queen beds. When I got there, I was assigned to a room with 1 king bed. I was very disappointed. Peggy at the front desk tried working with me and my kids ended up sleeping the night on cots. The next day we had to switch rooms since she was able to move things around and found us a room. It was not a good way to start a vacation and it was very frustrating. I'm not sure who's fault it was, if the resort dropped the ball or Travelocity but no one certainly took the blame. In the end, I paid $300+ the first night for my kids to sleep on a cot and I worried all night they would fall off and then in the morning we had to move all our stuff to another room. I was not happy at all!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ConnieRC
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We are sorry your stay got off on the wrong foot with your reservation made via Travelocity. We are so pleased that you were able to identify all the posative attributes that encourage our guests to return year after year. We always share Trip Advisor comments with all of our associates and some of our guest reviews provide for training opportunities. We look forward to meeting your expectations next year and I would encourage booking directly with our staff to assure you the room selection that will work best for your family. See you then!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Yarmouth
#9 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
#6 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!