“Red Jacket Spa - exceeded my expectations!”

Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Boston
“Red Jacket Spa - exceeded my expectations!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had a terrific morning at The Spa in The Red Jacket Resort. Diane, the Manager, was able to accommodate my last minute request for services and was very pleasant to deal with. I had the bioelement blend custom facial, body polish, and Swedish massage - all of these services exceeded my expectations. I was with Janelle for my first two services and she was great and talked to me about my skin type and gave me advice about products (wasn't pushy at all : ) ). The brown sugar body polish is amazing. Ginny gave me a massage; it was fantastic and arguably the best massage I've had over the past 15 years. I felt and appreciated her positive energy!

I will absolutely return to this Spa during my next trip to Cape Cod.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thanks for the nice comments regarding the Spa and services at Red Jacket Beach. We are pleased that most of our therapist have been with us since we opened the spa. It shows with the commitment to excellence that is displayed every day. We look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was the second year in a row visiting the Red Jacket and if at all possible, our stay was even better! I think all reviews have to begin and end with the hotel staff and the Red Jacket's is the most friendly and helpful around! Our room was flawless, and if not for the spectacular views/setting outside, we would have been tempted to stay in their all weekend! Speaking of outside, whether it's lounging by the pool, or down on the beach, both provide a nice escape to relax and really enjoy the vacation. Finally I'll touch on the Sunday Brunch, which was the perfect way to send us off with a delicious meal that had us full the whole day! I'm already missing everything that comes along with the Red Jacket but can't wait to get back again next year! Thanks again everyone who made our stay yet again the perfect vacation!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
We are glad you are becoming a regular....always let us know how it was.
Reviewed June 19, 2012

For the price I was expecting a fabulous resort and nice accommodations. Although the view outside the hotel on the water is pretty, you eventually have to return to the hotel to sleep. The sheets were not clean or changed, the towels smelled, the room was musty, old, dark and just disgusting. I wore my shoes around the room to avoid touching the carpet. Their was blood stains on the curtains and hair on the pillows. I would encourage you to stay at he holiday inn down the street which will be cheaper and you will enjoy better. I slept in my clothes to avoid touching the sheets and wrapped a shirt around the pillow to avoid the same. I'm hoping I didn't catch bed bugs from sleeping here. Spend your money elsewhere!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
6 Thank Gophill
, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Our goal here at Red Jacket Beach is that no guest leaves unsatisfied. Our extensive website is filled with photos of the resort, rooms and amenities. We have a number of price points relating to decor and location of guest rooms in the hotel. We have some entry level rooms that offer an affordable value and the full experience of utilizing our direct oceanfront location and all the activities included in our summer programs. Though it would seem obvious, our housekeeping staff is always concerned regarding the cleanliness of a guestroom. If a guest ever has an issue our management staff is available 24/7 to resolve any situation that could require our attention.
Vermont, USA
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and I spent many months searching out the “perfect” location to spend a week for our 25th anniversary. After speaking with Tom, the general manager, we made our decision to stay at the Red Jacket Beach Resort. We have been to many wonderful places in the past 25 years from the coast of Maine to the Gulf of Mexico. On our way back to Vermont, we talked about our week spent on Cape Cod. It has been decided: Red Jacket Beach Resort, in Yarmouth, is now top of our list of places to stay!

Upon our arrival, we immediately were offered assistance in any manner we needed. The staff were attentive, friendly, and full of smiles. Once settled into our room, we wandered the grounds. It was simply amazing. Out our sliding glass door, was our private patio, luscious green grass, perennial and annual flowers and, then, the beach - smooth, groomed, and ready to be walked upon, right to the warm waters of the Atlantic. We watched a most spectacular sunset from outside our room, with a gentle breeze and mallard ducks nibbling at their dinner.

Evenings were full of peace and a quietness that just said “aahh.” We slept soundly, as the bed was very comfortable. The pillows were just right and the temperature was adjusted by ourselves. If we chose, we could open the sliding glass door, leaving its screen, and listen to the gentle surf nipping at the pristine sand. Each day we would hear the piping plovers talking amongst their selves, several different sea birds were in the area, as an estuary was just across the Parker River. The private jetty offered ample fishing opportunities.

If we have described this as Heaven on Earth, it certainly is. But, wait, there’s more! Our room was kept immaculate and Paulette, our attendant, possessed an genuine attitude of wanting to assist in making our stay be nothing less than wonderful. Chris, who is in charge of the restaurant, was always welcoming and ready to help at the drop of a dime. He stayed on task with the events on-hand (wedding, auction, convention), as well as, being there to extend his hand helping my husband with a heavy load. We were quite impressed with the finesse which Chris displayed going above and beyond expectations.

Our experience at the Red Jacket Beach Resort, was truly an unimaginable, right to the very end. Every moment spent was full of peace, smiles, and generosity from all members of the staff. The food was delicious and our bringing Vermont Maple Syrup was not a problem. Chef, John Payne, offers a array of delightful dishes. Chef was so awesome, we left the maple syrup with him to bring to his family.

Thank you Tom, for answering my tons of questions for several months. Thank you for providing an audacious experience!

Room Tip: We did not rate the spa, as there was not enough time to indulge.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for all the kind comments, as usual we will share your review with our associates and we look forward to your return.
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I liked the convenience of the room to the beach and the pool. However, the room had a strong musty smell and we could not get rid of the smell even after keeping the balcony door open all day long. The room was dated. The sheets and the blanket was the worst I have ever seen. The bathroom seemed clean, but the floors looked disgusting. The little refrigerator under the counter is not mounted and it almost fell onto my 5 year old who was trying to open its door. ***To the hotel management: I strongly recommend you mount all the refrigerators in the rooms before an accident happens!***
The hotel has a U shape design, so every little sound echoes. If someone who is staying on the other side of the pool (which is in the middle) whispers, you can hear it on the other side. If you are going to bed early or have kids that need to go to bed early, this may be a problem.
The breakfast was a joke! I DO NOT recommend the breakfast. My kids wanted pancakes - they came all burnt, of course they refused to eat. They were completely blackened. I asked eggs with home fries - oh my God!!! I could not recognize what I was served and the waitress introduced me to the "potatoes". Trust me, I could not tell they were potatoes....that bad!!! The eggs were OK but do NOT get the home fries - because they are NOT home fries!
The pools open at 9:00 AM (why not earlier - I don't know - so you get up at 7 and wait until it is 9 to take a swim. We were up by 6 and we left our room to go get breakfast at 7. We were told that the breakfast is not served until 7:30 AM...Whhhhyyyy??? I don't know. So we had to go back to the beach, spend another half an hour to come back to the most delicious!!!! home fries and pancakes!!!. Never again. No breakfast there ever again!
They take good care of the yard around the pool, that was good. The sand / beach / ocean is pretty good. The rooms and the restaurant definitely need renovation. Oh one more thing - you can hear the cars noise (and the ice machine) in the parking lot. Our room was a lower level room and yes, you can hear the folks upstairs walk.
The front desk folks could be more welcoming and it never hurts to have smile on when guests are checking in and out. In fact, the restaurant staff could also use some "smile" as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Orgo T
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Our staff takes pride in being attentive to our guests and solving any issue that may arise prior to departure. We are always disappointed to see undesirable comments that could have been resolved with some communication.
We were disapointed to encounter such negative comments regarding our breakfast. Everything is prepared fresh utilizing the best products. Our "home fries" are prepared from recently cut potatoes each day, boiled off, roasted in the oven with seasoning salts then sautéed individually for each order. Our chef is happy to give individual attention to any guest who is not satisfied with our preparation.
Red Jacket Beach is a classic direct oceanfront Cape Cod resort. Along with the wonderful location come the challenges of a seasonal operation. Many of our guests are repeat or referred by others who have had an enjoyable experience. Each year we continue to make improvement to the property and amenities. Most of our rooms have received updated bedding and decorative items this year. During the summer season we offer Children’s activities programs and an array of family friendly entertainment options which provide value to our guests. As you noted in the comments many of the rooms which are not direct oceanfront surround the outdoor pool. In the interest of all of our guests we choose to open the outdoor pool after 9AM allowing the pools to be properly maintained and relatively quiet in the early morning. As always our goal here at Red Jacket Beach is to insure that each and every guest has an experience that meets or exceeds their expectations, if not let us help.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The staff at the front desk and the concierge Marge were really friendly and helpful. The rest of the crew of the hotel could have been more attentive and friendly. We had an Oceanfront room, they view was georgeous! few steps from the ocean and the pool. I really like they have heated pools because it was breezy at times. Room was nice but needs update a little. Overall, great stay, I would come back.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is great, we loved it. Rooms needs some update Heated pools, indoor and ourdoors, great...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
We are glad the you enjoyed your recent visit in one of our Oceanfront rooms. We always discuss Trip Advisor reviews with all of our staff. Marge and the Front desk are pleased to be recognized.
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We just got married at the Red Jacket Beach Resort on June 3rd and could not have asked for a more pleasant, entertaining, and accommodating venue. We have been working with the Red Jacket for the past six months leading up to the wedding and not only were Chris Musco and Laura Perry extremely helpful and informative, but they also gave us peace of mind throughout the entire planning process. Mary was fantastic the day of the wedding! Some may say the property is outdated but when you are from Cape Cod like we are, that's the norm for most resorts and hotels. The rooms are clean, the food is fantastic, the views are extraordinary, and the staff is genuinely happy to help their guests. Every amenity and service offerred by the Red Jacket Beach Resort gets 5 stars from us!

Room Tip: We loved our ocean-view suite... it also had access to the river that runs through marshland behind...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Generalmanager501, General Manager at Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Our entire team is pleased that your wedding weekend was a hit. As you know we take pride in doing only one wedding event per day so that we all can offer our full attention to the Bride & Groom and contribute to your special day. Thanks for the kind words.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Yarmouth
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Green Harbor on the Ocean
Green Harbor on the Ocean
#3 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!