“Nice place to stay”

Village Green Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Yarmouth
Village Green Motel
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
NYC
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed May 9, 2005

My wife and I just got back from spending a few days at the Village Green. It has been a number of years since the last time we were there, and we were very happy to return.

The Village Green is a nice, clean, friendly place to stay. I will admit it is not the Hilton, but then again I was not looking for a Hilton. It is a great location for traveling around the Cape, or even for doing a day trip to Nantucket. They are right across the street from the beach, and during the summer season they have an in ground pool along with BBQ grills for you to use.

The best thing about the motel is the people. Everyone on the staff are extremely friendly, and knowledgable of the area. They made some great recommendations of restaurants in the area, as well as some nice drives. You always feel welcome, no matter the time of day. I say that because we were asking questions at 9am, as well as 9 pm and received the same cheerful attitude! I know I get a tad touchy after dealing with people all day, yet they did not.

One other thing that's nice about the Village Green: the home made bread loaves in the morning! I love the cranberry and blueberry the most. That with a nice cup of coffee is a good way to start the day!

Bottom line: nice place to visit, with great staff, and a good value. We will be going back, as soon as we can figure out when.

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank SI_Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed March 29, 2005

We spent three nights at The Village Green right after Christmas and found it very nice. The Cape had just had 2 ft. of snow. We had a room with a fireplace and found the owners very accomadating. We plan on returning in April of this year.

• Stayed December 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2004

My family stayed at the Village Green in 2003. The lure was the "indoor-outdoor" heated pool. If the pool was heated then I can't imagine what the water felt like if it wasn't. The room had two "queen" beds (I'm positive they were full). The carpet was so dirty, I insisted we all wear our shoes. The decor is very dark and dingy. I would not recommend this hotel, there are so many more to choose from!!

2 Thank William D
Reviewed August 3, 2004

We stayed there in June 2004 and could not have been more disappointed. We checked out early but were charged for the full vacation. We ended up staying at a much nicer hotel. Simply, the heated pool is not heated. Two years ago when we stayed the pool was closed the entire time. The Suite is not really a suite, an accordion door separates rooms with no ceilings. We had the "nicest" room with a fireplace. Soot filled the air and the bathroom was so cramped you may have to remove the roll of toilet paper to sit down. The location is beautiful but the hotel will let you down with the pool, the continental breakfast, and the room.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 23, 2003

I have been vacationing at the Village Green for the past 5 summers, and it is the perfect place to take your family if you want to relax. Once you check in, you have the choice of the heated pool in their courtyard or walking across the street to the ocean.. which has a very nice beach with lifeguards. The beach has a playground area for the kids, a snack bar, and public restrooms. If you have small children (my kids are 5 and 8 now), it is nice not having to pack them into the car after a day at the beach with wet bathing suits and sand everywhere. There is an outside shower to rinse off at the motel.

The Village Green has a grassed courtyard where there are community grills and picnic tables to use, and the heated pool. I love the fact that once I arrive, everything I need is right there. Also, you are a mile or so from Rt 28, which has all kinds of things to do.. mini golf.. restaurants.. aquarium.
The motel is family owned and operated, and the owner makes her own breakfast breads that are part of the free continental breakfast. The rooms are clean, and cleaned daily, and some rooms have kitchenettes. The rooms are also reasonably priced.

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member