“Great Find”

Village Green Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Yarmouth
Village Green Motel
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed for several long weekends this summer. We always enjoy the Village Green. Beverly and her family make us feel welcomed. The rooms that we book are always clean, there is no A/C or phone in the room, but that's fine with us. It's right across the street from the beach and there is a small playground. We enjoyed it so much that we suggested my brother and his family try it and they too love it. We love the flowers and the homemade bread served every morning. We enjoyed eating at the Skipper and the ice cream at the Skipper a real treat, I loved the Birthday Cake!

Room Tip: The larger rooms are only a few dollars more and are worth it .
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Boston1123
villagegreen, Owner at Village Green Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you so much for visiting us. We are happy that you enjoyed our hospitality and look forward to your visiting us again

There are newer reviews for Village Green Motel

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just returned from a week's stay at Village Green. Beach across the street, hotel has a great pool, and is minutes from shops and restaurants. The owner of the hotel, Beverly, is a gem. She made us feel like welcome from check-in to checkout. The breakfast room of the hotel is like stepping into a family's dining room...our son especially enjoyed the hockey pictures. We would not hesitate to stay here again, and have never found an owner more accomodating and wonderful than Beverly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gardy3
villagegreen, Owner at Village Green Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you next summer. Hope your son has a good hockey season.

Beverly

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We came for a relaxing fun filled weekend, and that is exactly what we got. This hotel is a gem and the owners and staff are also.

Room Tip: I love that we could cook in the room and grill outside making it very affordable
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Thank you. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit at the Village Green

Reviewed May 16, 2012

The owners and staff of the Village Green treat you like family. My husband and I always feel welcome. We have visited many times.

The owners always make great recommendations for things to do and places to dine. We have never been disappointed. The only disappointment was that my husband did not making the time to get New England Clam chowder this trip. It has become a tradition with us!

The Village Green is clean, affordable and a typically Cap Cod type of place with plenty of great character .Cozy, charming and welcoming are the perfect adjectives! I love the breads served for the continental breakfast. YUM!

Anyway, I recommend this place if you want a nice relaxing family atmosphere that is in a great location and value great service. These people NEVER get grumpy!

Room Tip: If you want a bit of seculsion the single effieciency cabin at the end (I think #11) is great. We pr...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SI_Mark
villagegreen, Owner at Village Green Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for posting a review. We were happy you were able to join us and enjoyed your visit. See you in Sept.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

My family has gone to the Village Green several times. It is a great value especially considering the proximity to the beach. We normally stay in one of the balcony suites which has a view of the ocean. Normally, I am not a morning person but everytime I stay here I get up early to watch the sunrise--there is nothing like it to be on a empty beach watching the sun rise over the water.It is not a sterile environment. If that is what you are looking for, look for a 4-star accomodation & be willing to pay the price. I don't mind some out-dated furnishings etc--it reminds me of staying at your grandmother's house. The staff is so friendly & treats you like family. The kids love the pool and the homemade breads offered at breakfast are always delicious. It's a perfect Cape Cod location. We are staying this Memorial Day & I am really looking forward to our stay!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
villagegreen, Owner at Village Green Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Thank you. We are looking forward to your visiting us again this Memorial Day Weekend.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Several friends recommended the Village Green as a good spot for my week’s respite, and they were absolutely right! The office staff made me feel like an old friend come to visit. The room was charming and spacious, clean and comfortable. The location was perfect - steps from the beach, right next to a great little restaurant, and right around the corner from the hustle and bustle (if you want it). I was glad I came, and I did not want to leave!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
villagegreen, Front Office Manager at Village Green Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed you get-a-way with us and look forward to seeing you next April. Thank you for the delicious doughnuts too!

Reviewed December 20, 2011

This place is soooo Cape Cod! It’s one of the most wonderfully down-to-earth family owned motels we’ve ever stayed at. No air conditioning, but the price reflects that. Besides, there’s always a refreshing sea breeze from the beach across the street, and they have lots of fans. (Hey fellow New Yorkers: The beach is free!) The owners and employees treat you like family... no wonder they have so many repeat guests. They take great pride in their business. Wait until you see the landscaping! Love the pool: It’s a big old nostalgic jewel right out of the 50’s. Heated too. This is a lovely motel with a proud tradition of warm hospitality. Great place, great price, great location.

Room Tip: There is an adorable little secluded "doll-house" of a cottage at the end of property. I...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank D C
villagegreen, General Manager at Village Green Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for your response. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.