“Dream come true”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Seaside Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Yarmouth
Seaside Cottages
Boston, Massachusetts
“Dream come true”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

My husband and I took a last min. trip to the Cape during the off season to beat the crowds of the summer for our weekend getaway. It was a little chilly that weekend so we picked the "Red White and Blue" cottage with a fire place, right on the beach. We couldn't have been happier! The place was clean and everything worked without a problem. During the day we checked out the local shops and in the evening we relaxed by the fire and to the sounds of waves crashing on the shore. The managers at the time (I've been reading that they have changed hands) were so nice! I mostly dealt with Cliff, he was such a pleasure and wanted to make sure our stay was just perfect.... which it was!

All the cottages have different owners. Because of this, it is important to know that each cottage has it's own personality.

I have recommended Seaside Cottages to all my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

Have stayed here many times over the past 15 years and was a little apprehensive after reading several negative comments. However, 3 of us stayed here from 9/24 through 9/26 and found it to be very comfortable. Thought it was clean, well kept up and a good value. We stayed in #21 which had 2 queen beds and was quite large. Would recommend Seaside Cottages to anyone who was looking for a nice quiet cabin with the ocean right in front of the property. Had no issues with the management, we had nothing to complain about. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2010
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the seaside cottages for 3 nights. The cheap off-season price we paid for our oceanfront cottage seemed to good to be true...but we were more than surprised. Upon arrival, we entered the office for a car permit to keep in our window (they have their own parking lot) and given our keys. Our room was a little bit damp, but it was also a very humid afternoon. We opened all the windows and turned the fans on, and it was dry within hours. The room was bright, clean and we had a beautiful view of the ocean. Throughout our stay, a housekeeper visited the cottage once a day and vacuumed, changed the bed linens, replaced our used towels with clean ones and even washed our dishes! The other guests seemed very friendly and were not loud at all (it was a weekend, but there were hardly any kids). We could see the beautiful ocean from the front lawn, and there was a small hill of sand to walk down to reach the actual beach, where the water was clear, the sand was SO soft, and it was not crowded at all. **IMPORTANT: I noticed a lot of people complain that their cottage was messy, things were dirty, broken, etc. but it is important to note that ALL cottages at this resort are individually owned. Just because one cottage did not meet a guest's expectations does not mean it won't meet someone elses'. Our cottage was perfect (one king bed in the living room & a bedroom w/2 twin beds). One con was that we had to walk through the bathroom to get to the separate bedroom; however, the separate bedroom had its own door to the outside. All in all, I highly recommend this place, especially with their off-season rates...you will not regret it! We stayed in cottage 7, between cottages 6 & 7a which were also waterfront and beautiful. Also another pro, other than being a step from the beach, is that Route 28 is literally a minute away! Pirate's Cove Mini Golf is nearby, along with great restaurants (there is actually a waterfront restaurant & bar right nextdoor to the cottage office!) Also, if you go to the beach and take a left, about a 30 sec walk, there is a great park right in the sand with swings, bars to climb, benches & a gazebo. We will be coming back again soon :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travelbunnyxo
boston, ma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

I've been going to Seaside for more than 10 years with my family. The location is fantastic, which is why I've put up with the less than clean rooms and cluelessness of the management company. But, this year did it for me. The room was DISGUSTING. The new management company is even worse than the ones in the past. The people working the desk are ill informed and not polite at all. Housekeeping came only occasionally during our week stay, and even when they did, never cleaned the whole place.

Such a shame as this place could be fantastic! If I was one of the owners of the units, I'd be having some serious conversations with the management company in an effort to keep people coming back. I know my family won't be back and my siblings and their families who came every year are not returning based on our experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank travlrj
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2010

We've visited Seaside for several years in the summer and loved it, but something is definitely changing there. There has been a change of the local managers, and they seem kind of withdrawn, if not absent, but that isn't it. The problem is that there are too many people crowding into small cabins, and too many large (probably related) groups coming at the same time. It used to be a quiet and private-feeling place where everyone was very respectful to each other, and to the "tone" of the place. Our experience lately is that large groups of people get so absorbed with each other and entitled by their size that they literally "take over" the common areas, especially the bluffs, line up their own chairs and (jeez!) TABLES on the bluffs, move and monopolize the (chained) furniture all together, set up tents and lawn furnitiure in front of the cottages, and basically add a good deal of Charlestown or Revere to this formerly respectable and relaxing place. The OWNERS need to set some rules about this. "Groups" should be placed in cottages with recreation space in front of them. There should be a limit on the number of bodies in each cottage. And the local managers need to get out more, be visible, and advise newcomers about the cultural expectations. We noticed this year that no copy of the "rules" were distributed at check in. We are looking at other places for next year.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank curious1150
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

I have stayed at Seaside several times in the last 5-6 years. When a cabin wasn't available for a last minute trip I booked the "rooms" attached to the office area. These rooms are terrible, look at the parking lot, entrance door by the dumpster and not maintained. Shower was actually a hazard due to issues with the hot water. We asked to have it fixed several times. I agree with other reviews that is maybe new management...I will be very careful renting from Seaside in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank TCS3675
Hesston, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

We have been traveling up there for over 20 years with a large group of people (varies from 40 to 80 people) in the beginning it was clean and beautiful and well managed, well a couple of years ago the management changed and we started to notice a difference. The grounds became more beautiful, however everything else suffered, the cottages started to become run down and not so clean, I noticed that there were not as many cleaning people, we were patient with the new managers as they were new, but year after year things did not improve, they continued downhill but the rates continued upward. The last time I was there in 2009 I split my vacation between seaside and a similar place, at seaside the bathroom was filthy (I had to clean the toilet and shower) and there were coffee grounds under the refrig that I also had to clean, I said not at these rates. Our group now is staying at the new place, beautiful, clean and less expensive also right on the water. Please Seaside get yourself together.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,197 reviews
Cape Cod Irish Village
Cape Cod Irish Village
#2 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Seaside Cottages? Share your experiences!