“You Can't Beat The Ocean View”
Review of Seaside Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Yarmouth
Seaside Cottages
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I was debating between 4 and 5 stars, but the views and the private beach put Seaside Cottages over the top. The owners are very friendly, and the cottage was clean with one exception... the coffee maker was disgusting. That's the only flaw I could find. The convenience of the Skipper Restaurant and Bar right across the street is a sweet bonus.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed May 21, 2009

Seaside was just opening for the season. The location is one of the best. The grounds puts you in the mood to relax. The cottages are big and airy and all are decorated differently. Great place for a families to getaway from the city and a short drive to all amenities. Just a set of stairs separate you from the beach and there are lounge chain on the dune above the beach. The staff is friendly and helpful. Love it there and will go again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank RelaxingFamilyFun
Reviewed May 19, 2009

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Seaside cottages in S. Yarmouth is very beautiful and relaxing. There is a private beach within a stones throw from the cottages. we love it theree and will go back on a regular basis.

Reviewed September 23, 2008

This was our first time to the Cape. We really liked the location of seaside. It was very quiet and close to the water. I loved sitting outside near the water on the nice lawn chairs they provided. The cottages were a little worn with a few spiders. The beds were fine. The folks in the office could not have been any nicer. Very informative with lots of information. There were some good restaurants close by. They also had a big grill in the middle of the complex, if you decided to grill out. I would come back. It would be fun to have a family reunion here.

Stayed: September 2008
3  Thank flygirl46ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2008

My family stayed at Seaside for several years in a row in September. Four to five families, renting anywhere from two to five nights. Although Seaside has a picture perfect location, it doesn't seem as if enough care is taken for the individually owned units. My husband and I have stayed there in different u nits at different times during the year and at the beginning of the season, the cottages are pretty well equipped. By September, however, it is a different story. Perhaps a system to mark the dishes, etc. so that they are returned to the right cottages? Or perhaps keep a minimum supply of kitchen utensils/equipment for each unit? My husband and I have owned rental houses and it's just a matter of a regular, quality check of the unit. We stayed in cottage #30 and recommend that a comfortable bed is definitely in order. A king-size bed would fit in that room, no problem. A spring cleaning/rug cleaning wouldn't hurt, either. During a rainy day, the smell of the unit was awful! I know the resort has changed hands a few times in the last several years, but for the price, we wouldn't go back. There are SO many places to choose from on Cape Cod and especially in Yarmouth, so vacationers, who are trying to carefully spend their money should take everything into consideration.

I'm not sure anyone in my family would go back....

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RedSoxRockTheHouse
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We rented Cottage 21 (Chesapeake) from Sept 8th to 10th and loved it, despite one or two criticisms.
The complex is beautifully landscaped and close to the beach and my wife and I spent hours sitting either on the loungers on the grass by the beach or on the garden chairs outside the unit.
Check in was fast and easy and we were directed to our cottage which had two queen beds and was newly renovated. I only have two minor criticisms and you'll note that we LOVED this place so much I still give it an excellent rating.
1) The beds were rock hard
2) Cleanliness of some areas (e.g. top of refrigerator and bedspread) left a little to be desired. Also the daily cleaning seemed to amount to making up the beds and that's it. However when staying in a self-catering unit we prefer to be left alone, so I would think that the management may want to consider daily housekeeping only if it is requested.
I was also impressed with the other guests, mostly mature couples with just a few well-behaved children. I was also impressed with the "Quiet hours" rule from 9pm to 7am, although some genius who seemed to think it was Independence Day decided to set off fireworks at 1030pm. That said this nose could have come from the restaurant or another property close by. The area is beautiful and very pleasant to take long walks in. Will we be back? You bet, probably the same weekend in 2008, maybe to a different unit, but we'd settle for Chesapeake again. Conclusion? Our best EVER visit to the Cape!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 mi away
The Escape Inn
The Escape Inn
#1 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Seaside Cottages? Share your experiences!