“Great loved it!”
Review of Seaside Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Yarmouth
Seaside Cottages
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This was our last stop on our honeymoon we loved this place the cabin was great great location great views loved walkin on the beach great place to stay the staff was friendly as well as r neibhors in the next cottage will deff come back when we are in that area again great place!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank mandi13460

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Our stay OCT 2012"; I will first say the good things as I believe in the positives. The view and location were wonderful. I rented a place that was separate from others and Ocean front. It was clean. The cottages while they have a view there are people passing by constantly so unless you want people looking in at you the blinds need to be closed. The living room was nicely decorated and sufficient room. When they say fireplace you need to use the artificial logs and Seaside recommend a brand as an example. The issue is that this is not represented as such, we anticipate a wood fire and I guess we should have clarified this. The chemical smell was so strong I felt ill and this made us close all windows.The TV is extremely small, in fact smaller than our computer screen, I didn't mind this but it bothered my husband. In the bedroom, there is a bed essentially, My husband had a small area to step out of bed, for me, to get out of bed I had to crawl across the bed as there was no room to do otherwise. That was doable, annoying but doable, The kitchenette was a one person area. Directions told.us to put items in the "fridge" slowly because otherwise the motor would give out, that was strange but okay... Our absolute biggest difficulty was the bathroom. There is hardly any room to move and my husband who is broad shouldered but certainly average sized could not fit into the bathroom without his shoulders touching the sides of the two walls. Using the toilet was both inconvenient and almost a game to maneuver. We decided to make the best of our week, we got up at 5:30 and quietly left, we went to various places of interest such as beaches and the canal to fish and walked on the beach in the evening. Sadly, we will not return at least never to "The Jewel #12.. Why did I not complain? Because the cottages I understand are privately owned and so switching never seemed to be an option. When I checked out, the woman at the desk took the key and never asked how was our stay. I saw three different woman and I never saw them long enough to tell them apart. I'm sorry I would have liked to give feedback. I truly like to give positive reviews but I feel there is certain info which would help people make more informative decisions when choosing a cottage. I realize they are all different, this one is in the top price range, I figured it was because of the fireplace which we did use after buying a log at Shaws made of natural material. I very much looked forward to this get away. I have learned to ask direct questions and be well informed because refunds are not given. I wish I had a more positive experience, this is just our opinion and one cottage, I'm sure others are better. Erie

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank econroy82
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just returned from another wonderful vacation at seaside cottages. Cannot express enough how relaxing our vacation was. Roseanne,Pablo and the entire Seaside staff made our stay clean and comfortable. The staff always goes out of their way to make sure we have everything we need. We have already booked for next year and cannot wait

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here at Cottage #7 from June 30 to July 7. It was a very nice, relaxing vacation. Our cottage was really nice. It had a nice homey feel to it and it faced the ocean. We had a full moon period and the views were spectacular at night. My wife and I made friends at the beach. The kids made friends at the beach. We had the beach to ourselves. During 4th of July night, the new-found friends and family got to view the fireworks display from Chatham and Hyannis. We also saw in the distance, the fireworks display from Nantucket.

The only cavaet we had here was that the resort was next to a public beach. The folks at the public beach kept encroaching on the private beach area and there were heated debates between beach goers and resort guests. Resort personnel had to be called in to tell the public beach goers to get off the property. The public beach area was also home to illegal fireworks and we kept hearing them in the middle of the night. Police will come, disperse the perps, and the perps will come back 2 hours later to unload their fireworks. Luckily the sea wind and the fan provided white noise to counter that.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 1LTFamilyTraveler
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My partner and I booked with Seaside Cottages for June 2-June 4th. We arrived early and they let us check in which was exceptionally nice since we were getting married at 4pm. Originally we'd planned on a beach wedding but the weather had other plans. Roseanne was very accommodating, and let us use the great room for our ceremony with no extra fees. We were able to book the two nights instead of a week because it's not high season yet. But are looking forward to coming back for a week stay. We stayed in cottage #31, the view. It's a perfectly named cottage because the view is fantastic. If your a couple looking to getaway this is the place for you. While we were there we saw other families with children but there is a lot of privacy and you can't hear any ruckus. We can't wait to get back there. And plan to go for years to come. Thank you for making our stay and wedding so wonderful, we will always cherish our memories from our first stay!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank KSawicki8327
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We rented "the jewel" (cottage n°12) to spend 5 days on the beach and we loved it there! The seaside cottages are not only charming but also very quiet. Right on the beach the place is the ideal place for a cool escape.

Inside, the fireplace and the sound of the waves are adding to the magic of the night at the ocean.

Yarmouth is probably not the most fancy place on the cape but it’s very central and easy to access.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elieliberman
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stumbled on this place three years ago. We now don't even look anywhere else. The cottages are so nice, close to beach, close to all cape activities and sights, BBQ areas, very family friendly. Roseanne the manager is always so accomodating and pleasant. The grounds are green, with flowers and shrubs and wonderful trees. The beach is combed daily and is private so never crowded. The water is warm and full of shells. We are booking our third year, 2 times at end of June and 1x in August. Have stayed in cottage 20 which is a favorite and another which was ok. They are all differnt so you have to pick what you like, lots of great photos of all cottages.

Room Tip: Book early because the nicer cottages go quick.