When my husband and I first walked into our room, we both gasped and were overwhelmed by a terrible odor. We were running late and needed to change in our room quickly. We only spent a couple minutes in the room, but the odor remained overpowering. The room smelled like sewage! The bathroom sink had toothpaste stains, the bathtub was stained with a black ring and the toilet was not flushed...if you know what I mean?! We gathered all of our belongings and headed out the door. We called the front desk from the car and asked if they could move us to another room because the odor was so foul. The woman who answered the phone was incredibly rude and couldn't understand what I was saying. When I told her that we wanted to change the room due to the smell, she replied, "Well, no one else is complaining." Seriously! I told her to go down and smell it herself and requested again, to change rooms. She then said, "We are completely booked, as you can see, we are a popular hotel. We don't have another room available." She offered no apology or offer to check the room. That's when I lost it. She finally admitted that they had one king-size room available, but it had no windows. (If you read the other reviews, you will hear about the room with no windows). We told her to hold it for us, just in case. We then tried to find another hotel in the area, but everything was booked up. Also, because there were other wedding guests staying there, my friend arranged for a shuttle to bring us to the reception. When we checked back at the desk to inquire about the shuttle, the same woman said that she didn't know anything about it. (Later we found out that there WAS a shuttle?!!) Argh! After the ceremony, we ran back to the hotel to check out the room with no windows. We went from sewage to mildew. But, unfortunately, we were stuck. We checked the bed and the bathroom and the room seemed to be recently cleaned. Thankfully, we were spending only one night. Early the next morning (5:30-6:00), we heard slamming doors and loud voices outside the room with no windows. I heard someone approaching our room and then I heard the same woman's voice, say "No! someone is in there". The couple, who I assume were the proprietors, argued outside our door. I couldn't understand what they were saying, but I got the sense that the man was not happy that we were in there. This was a very disappointing and poorly run facility, with sub-par customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We welcome you to the Ambassador Inn & Suites. We strive to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. With our newly renovated hotel, we guarantee comfort, quality, and satisfaction. The hotel has a wide array of services such as a complimentary continental breakfast, indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, game room, business center, wireless Internet access and abundant parking. We offer affordable rates and hope you come and spend your vacation with us. Many others have done so already and statistics show approximately 89% of our guests are returning. The Ambassador Inn & Suites looks forward to connecting you with the heart of Cape Cod. The Ambassador Inn and Suites is perfectly located with easy access to some of the best Eastern Atlantic vacation experiences such as the Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises and historic points of interests like the John F. Kennedy Museum and Cape Cod museums including the Cape Cop Maritime Museum. This hotel is also close to the ZooQuarium, Heritage Museums and Gardens and Cape Cod Community College. The Barnstable Municipal Airport is five miles away. Enjoy shopping at the nearby Cape Cod Mall. The Thornton Burgess Museum is also close by. A variety of fine golf courses and off-shore salt water fishing opportunities are in the surrounding area of The Ambassador Inn & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ambassador Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Hotel South Yarmouth
- Ambassador Inn & Suites Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA